Here in the Midwest, it’s been quite a rainy spring so far. That’s not always great for us humans, but the flowers are certainly better for it. As we sit on the porch watching the raindrops, hook in hand – let’s take some inspiration from summer flora!
Crocheting flowers is always a quick, fun project. It’s great to use these easy crochet patterns to accent larger pieces you’ve made, like crochet hats or crochet blankets. You might think there’s not much variety in crocheting flower petals, but there’s an amazing amount! From roses to daisies to rare jungle flowers, you have plenty of options to make your summer crochet projects stand out.
Personally, I love adding crochet flowers to projects I’m making for kids or babies – summer flowers are so sweet! Whether they’re going to the beach or the park, a bag or hat with a crochet flower looks super cute. It’s a great way to continue giving crochet gifts all year long! Why limit it to winter?
On the other hand, you might just want to keep your hook busy with super easy crochet patterns. That’s a fine solution, because most crochet flowers are one skein patterns (or less)! That makes them budget-friendly as well as being time-savers. If you just want to crochet for the fun of it, flowers are a great option.
Check out these summer bloom one skein crochet patterns from AllFreeCrochet.com!
10 Summer Bloom One Skein Crochet Patterns
- Sunflower Coaster
- Crochet Wildflower
- Enchanted Forest Flower
- Two-Hour Crocodile Stitch Flower
- Wagon Wheel Flower
- Simple Crochet Rose
- Felted Leaves and Rosebuds
- Spiral Flowers
- South African Veld Flower
- Puff Stitch Field of Flowers
What’s your favorite kind of flower?
- Prayer Shawls for Rush Charity Drive 2016: Final Count & Giveaway Winner! - January 9, 2017
- Prayer Shawls for Rush Charity Drive 2016: Last Chance! - December 5, 2016
- Cyber Monday: Delicious Yarn and Book Bundle Giveaway + Crochet Snowflake Blanket Pattern - November 28, 2016