Do you remember carrying around a knit baby blanket as a child? Often associated with comfort and security, a handmade blanket is one of the most precious gifts you can give a little one. I still have my favorite blanket as a child and I will cherish it for the rest of my life. Whenever I look at the well-loved, discolored fabric, I can’t help but smile as I remember all the joy associated with such a simple gift. Whether I was happy or sad, my baby blanket was always close by.
It’s safe to say knit blankets are so much more than the yarn they’re made of. You can truly change someone’s life for the better by gifting them with a handmade blanket. Plus, a piece you work up today can quickly become a family heirloom passed down from generation to generation. Can you imagine your great-great-great granddaughter clutching the same knitted blankie you make for your newborn granddaughter? Check out the enviable free knit baby blanket patterns below and give that little one the gift of comfort and coziness she will treasure forever.
26 Simple Knit Baby Blankets
All-Star Baby Blanket Knitting Patterns
- Soft Vines Baby Blanket
- Box Stitch Baby Blanket
- In A Wink Baby Blanket
- Still River Baby Blanket – so soothing
- Summer Fence Baby Blanket
- One Ball Baby Blanket – one skein is all it takes!
- Squirreled Away Baby Blanket
- Heavenly Baby Blanket
- Seven Stitch Baby Blanket
- Soft, Easy Baby Throw
- Blue Skies Baby Blanket – beautiful color
- Simple Lines Baby Blankets
The Best Knit Baby Blankets for Boys
- Lace Chevrons Baby Blanket
- Pie Crust Baby Blanket -looks good enough to eat!
- Ocean Ripple Baby Afghan
- Babysoft Checkers Baby Blanket
- Sunshine Day Baby Throw
- Coziest Cables Blankie -the perfect snuggly blanket
- Basic Un-Baby Blanket
The Best Knit Baby Blankets for Girls
- Lilac Blossom Baby Blanket
- Speedy One-Row Baby Blanket -you’ll be done in no time!
- Princess Basketweave Throw
- Rippling Rainbow Knit Baby Blanket
- Watermelon Chevron Baby Blanket -wonderful bright color
- Cuddly Seed Stitch Baby Blanket
- Cuddle Bug Baby Blanket
Why are knit baby blankets special to you?
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Knit Knocker Showdown - October 20, 2016
- How to Knit Socks or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Socks - October 5, 2016
- What’s Your “Purse-onality?” - September 28, 2016