This pattern was written by Mary Vaughn from Crochet Chiq
Go outside of the box and work with a new yarn you typically wouldn’t work with. Red Heart’s Filigree yarn is the perfect free form yarn to use for this Filigree Lace Scarf. This is a fun scarf you can wear during any season.
- Red Heart Boutique Filigree ( less than a hank)
- Red Heart Soft or Red Heart with Love ( I generally don’t like to mix yarn brands… do you?)
- Size J crochet hook
Start with the ladder of the yarn on top and about an inch over you can trim and weave everything up at the end
Top Row 1
SL yarn into a ladder space and CH1, HDC, DC in the same space, skip the next space, * hdc, dc, sk the next space* repeat until you have the length you desire.
Bottom Row 2
Sl Yarn into the first of the four spaces CH1, HDC skip next space DC, *skip to the first of the next four spaces HDC, skip next space and DC into the 3rd of the 4 spaces* repeat until your length matches the other side
* **the filigree will have a slight ruffle and does not lay 100%flat**
( do the same for the top and bottom) Attach yarn at the end of the row in the last stitch( same for top and bottom)chain 3 (HDC and chain 1 space) 3HDC after each DC from the previous row. repeat until the end
( do the same for the top and bottom) Chain 3 , work 3HDC in between the HDC’s from row 2, repeat until the end of the row.
Sl ch1, sl ch2, repeat until the end of the row.
Would you add a border to this scarf?
- CHA 2016: Lion Brand Fashion Show and More! - January 26, 2016
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 22, 2016
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 1, 2016