Crochet cowls are a great way to accessorize your outfit and add a touch of glam to your holiday look. With Christmas creeping around the corner, there’s still some time to work up a fabulous last-minute accessory to wear to your holiday parties and family dinners. Cowls can be worked in so many different ways and in so many different styles – there are chunky, warm designs and lacier, sparklier ones. Depending on your style preference, there’s a crochet accessory that’s perfect for you. You can even find or make a design with some metallic threads to add a bit of sparkle and shine to your look.
Use single colors for an everyday piece, or you can work a cowl up with multiple colors for a fabulous statement piece. These following designs from our friends at AllFreeCrochet are all hand-picked for holiday adventures. Whether you’re after a bulky design to bundle up in when you’re out building snowmen or shopping for a Christmas tree, or you want something a little lighter to wear inside during a traditional holiday meal with all your nearest and dearest, you’ll find your next holiday crochet cowl here. My personal favorite is the Eggnog Crochet Cowl. Worked up in a simple, repeating stitch pattern, this neutral-hued crochet cowl is made of medium weight yarn, making it a perfect in-between cowl that’s perfect for braving the cold but also for wearing inside for comfort. The neutral color makes it easy to pair with anything in your wardrobe, but don’t be afraid of choosing a different hue based on your favorite colors – make one in every color and always have a unique accessory!
15 Crushworthy Christmas Cowls
- Eggnog Crochet Cowl – Editor’s pick!
- Snow Drops Reversible Cowl
- Snow Bound Crochet Cowl
- Bohemian Winter Infinity Scarf
- Soft and Swanky Cowl
- Striped Peppermint Cowl
- Shooting Star Stitch Cowl
- Single Skein Christmas Cowl
- Super Plush Crochet Infinity Scarf
- Apple Crisp Cowl
- Northern Lights Infinity Scarf
- Wintery Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Hurry-Up Holiday Cowl
- Buffalo Check Obsession Scarf
- Hearthside Crochet Cowl
What’s your favorite holiday tradition?
- Crochet Pattern of the Day: Butterfly Wings Scarf - February 2, 2018
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 5, 2018
- 10 Thrifty Christmas Gifts to Crochet - December 1, 2017