Winter comes and I look forward to snuggling under a crochet afghan while I finish my knit holiday gifts. After a while, though, it because tiresome and the house loses that warm and snuggly feeling and just begins to feel stuff and closed in. The first day after a long winter that I am able to throw all the windows and doors in the house open air the place out is a joyous occasion. The fresh air breezing through the house is refreshing and cleansing, clearing out the stale winter “funk” that comes with keeping the house closed up tight against the elements. As soon as I get the chance to do this, it also lights a fire in my motivation circuits and I’m put into “Spring Cleaning Mode.” I clean the house top to bottom, but I get frustrated that I always run out of purchased scrubbies, dusters and wet mop towels. Finally, I realized that I didn’t have to use disposable products; all I needed was my hook/needles and some sturdy cotton yarn and I’d have all these things on hand no matter what season it is. From knit dish clothes to scrub walls and dishes, or reuseable floor mop covers.
Free Crochet Spring Cleaning Patterns
Free Knitting Spring Cleaning Patterns
In the sprit of Spring Cleaning, we are cleaning out the stash closets here at StitchandUnwind, and thought that we’d share the love with our faithful readers. We even have enough stuff that we are going to pick TWO WINNERS!!!! All you have to do enter is answer the question below.
2 WINNERS WILL EACH RECEIVE:
- 2 skeins of Red Heart Rigoletto Yarn
- 1 pair of Lion Brand Pompoms
- 1 set of Susan Bates Knitting Needles
- 1 Susan Bates Crochet Hook
- 1 bottle of Unicorn Baby “Beyond Clean” laundry detergent
- Bundle of Leisure Arts knit and crochet books
OFFICIAL RULES FOR GIVEAWAY:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winners will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winners will be announced here on this blog post April 30th, 2015, as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until April 29th, 2015 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
Winners chosen via Random.org :
Deanna and Vanessa – please check your emails!
What is your favorite Spring cleaning tip?
- Literary Chic: 16 Patterns for Book Lovers - February 17, 2018
- Prayer Shawls for Rush Charity Drive 2017: Final Count & Giveaway Winner! - January 16, 2018
- Sweater Season: Knit and Crochet Printable Patterns - January 11, 2018