I don’t know about you, but I find knitting extremely therapeutic. When I’ve had a bad day, coming home and picking up a knitting project is a great way to relax, clear my head, and focus my thoughts on something simple and enjoyable. When I’m working on a therapy knitting project, my worries just melt away; all that matters is the yarn and needles in my hands and that I’m doing something creative. If you love knitting for mental health like I do, then you’ll adore this collection that will help you Knit Your Worries Away: 20 Knitting Therapy Patterns. I hope you find these free knitting patterns as relaxing and therapeutic as I do!
Knit Your Worries Away: 20 Knitting Therapy Patterns
Beginner & Easy Knitting Patterns
You don’t have to be an experienced knitter to enjoy knitting therapy. Even newbies can enjoy knitting patterns for beginners that will help you relax and relieve some stress.
- Easy Mistake Stitch Scarf
- Blue Steel Knit Scarf Pattern – Shimmery and soft!
- Simple Seed Stitch Knit Afghan Pattern
- Beginner’s Knitted Baby Blanket (pictured)
- Cozy Ribbed Cowl Knitting Pattern
Intermediate & Advanced Knitting Patterns
Experienced knitters will love using these free knitting patterns as knitting therapy because they have just the right balance of relaxing pattern repetition and challenging skills.
- Cascading Cables Knit Scarf (pictured)
- The Meaning of Life Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Vanilla Cotton Knit Sweater Pattern
- Grandma’s Famous Bobble Knit Blanket
- Lace Knit Afghan Pattern – Gorgeous!
Quick Knitting Patterns
If knitting therapy means instant gratification for you, then you’ll love these super speedy knitting patterns. These simple knitting patterns will be done in a flash and you’ll be able to hold your finished project in your hands in no time.
- Simple Quick Knit Throw
- Lazy Friday Knit Cowl (pictured)
- Speedy Arm Knit Shawl
- Lazy One-Sitting Knit Scarf Pattern
- One Hour Arm Knit Blanket – Really!
Lengthy Knitting Patterns
If you prefer knitting patterns you can return to again and again, adding a little bit more each time, then you’ll enjoy this collection of therapeutic knitting projects. Even though these are free knitting patterns that will take a you while, they’re not all difficult, so there’s a long knitting pattern here for every skill level.
- Matching Cables Scarf and Cardigan
- Ultra Soft Gray Throw Blanket Knitting Pattern – Exquisitely soft!
- Any Season Jacket Cardi
- Moss Stitch Cocoon Cardigan Knitting Pattern (pictured)
- Cherry Wine Afghan Knitting Pattern
If you want even more therapy knitting patterns, don’t miss this collection – Therapy Knitting: 21 Free Knitting Patterns for a Healthy Mind!
What kind of patterns do you knit to relax?
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Knit Knocker Showdown - October 20, 2016
- How to Knit Socks or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Socks - October 5, 2016
- What’s Your “Purse-onality?” - September 28, 2016