If you’ve ever spent an afternoon sitting on the beach, just listening to the crashing waves, you can appreciate how calming the water can be. Thankfully, you don’t have to wait until your next trip to the lakefront to experience the serenity flowing water can provide. With this group of simple knitting patterns, you’ll find yourself reminded of the beauty of the sea each and every time you look at them. Whether you knit them for yourself or for a friend, you’re bound to fall in love with this charming selection of patterns.
4 Knitting Patterns Inspired by the Sea
1. Ocean Sunrise Shawl: Be reminded of the sunset reflecting off the ocean with this glamorous, lightweight shawl.
2. Ocean Waves Scarf: This beautiful scarf packs a powerful punch in the fashion department by layering varying shades of knit ruffles. The best part, is it can be worn three different ways.
3. Embrace of Waves Hat: Like the twisted topping of a freshly baked apple pie, this Embrace of Waves Hat uses cables to create a snug hat that’s rich with texture.
4. Waves Tote Bag: This stylish tote is just what you need for your next trip to the beach. Made with alternating rows of blue and white, the rich texture the pattern works to mimic the rocking waves of the ocean.
Tell us: Which project will you be making first?
- Can You Bring Knitting Needles on a Plane? - May 24, 2016
- 14 Mermaid-Inspired Knit Patterns - May 18, 2016
- Save the Last Dance: 10 Knit Shawls and Wraps for Special Occasions - May 10, 2016