There comes a day in every yarn hoarders life where we just have to admit that we’ve run out of room to store the yarn. When that day comes, we need to have a game plan. A way to help us dig out of the hole and use up some of that precious yarn. Of course, we could knit baby booties and cast on fabulous knit blanket patterns, but why not use some of the yarn to beautify your home in unexpected ways.
Using yarn around the home to decorate and create useful items is a great way to commence stashbusting! To help us all out, I’ve gathered some of the best tutorials from around the blogosphere that are full of great ideas that could easily be adapted to any yarn you have around.
Stashbusting No-Knit DIY Yarn Projects:
- Giant Tassel Keychain Easy Yarn Craft
- One Material- Two DIYs with Cotton Yarn (visual tutorial)
- Wreath for all Occasions
- Lamp Update
- Spring Hedgehog Yarn Wreath
- DIY Yarn Ball Light Fixture
- DIY Yarn Spring Vase (visual tutorial)
- Felted Dryer Balls Tutorial
- Yarn Decorated Candle Jars
If you still have a great deal of yarn left over and need more inspiration, be sure to check out AllFreeKnitting’s collection 17 Organizers and Stashbusters: How to Organize the Craft Room. This fabulous collection will help you learn how to organize the craft room with easy knitting patterns. It can help you create the best craft organizer or teach you how to sew a knitting needle case.
We have even more exciting no knit DIY Yarn Projects collected on our Pinterest channel. Be sure to check them out and follow us there, because we are always adding more great tips and tricks!
Do you have a favorite No-Knit way to use up yarn? Share with us!
- 22 Food-Inspired Knitting Patterns You Need To Make - March 22, 2017
- 14 Sensational Knit Slipper Patterns - March 16, 2017
- Not Just For Crochet: 16 Heart-Meltingly Cute Knit Amigurumi Patterns - March 8, 2017