We’re now halfway through our #StitchAwayStress Big Apple Lemon Drive and boy, are we feeling stress-free! In case you missed our first post about it, Stitch & Unwind have partnered up with the Craft Yarn Council for their Big Apple Lemon Drive from November 2-30 and we’ve been working up lemons like crazy, as you can see in the video below! We’ll be collecting donations of knit and crochet lemons until November 30th, so send in as many as you can and you’ll be entered to win this giveaway from our friends at Jimmy Beans Wool!
The Craft Yarn Council is planning to distribute knit and crochet lemon stress balls on Tax Day, the most stressful day of the year, to raise awareness about the stress-relieving benefits of knitting and crochet.
We’ve filmed a few video tutorials for you if you need a little help starting out and rest assured, these lemons are super quick to make. Join the lemon party and get started!
Knit Lemon Pattern
If knitting needles are your weapon of choice, work up this adorable knitting pattern created by blogger Twinkie Chan for the Craft Yarn Council. You’ll need to stuff the lemon with fiberfill in order to give it that round, squishy look.
Crochet Lemon Pattern
And here’s the crochet version of the lemon pattern! Equally as sweet (or sour!) and equally as stress-busting. Whichever you decide to work up, you’ll be helping the cause and having fun along the way.
Where to Send Them:
We will be collecting all donated lemons at our offices in Northbrook, IL. Please send your lemons to:
Prime Publishing, LLC
Attn: Stitch Away Stress
3400 Dundee Road, Suite 220
Northbrook, IL 60062
Aside from the warm fuzzies you’ll feel from helping out a good cause, by donating a knit or crochet lemon you can also be entered to win this Berroco Bento Box in Kobai (Red Plum)! There’s no better way to get a feel for Berocco yarn than with this cute sampler, and it includes a free cowl pattern if you’re looking for inspiration.
All you have to do to enter is knit or crochet a lemon, then box it up and send it to us. You MUST include a slip of paper/card/something INSIDE the box so we know who sent it. Information on the outside of the box does not count!
- Please include your name, address, phone number and email address with your donation for contest entry. Incomplete entries will NOT be counted.
- Contest open to US/Canada residents age 18+ only.
- No lemon to make but still want to enter to win the Berocco Bento Box? Just send us a note to our postal address above with your name and address.
What’s stressing you out right now?
- DIY Christmas Ornaments: 20+ Knit and Crochet Patterns - November 17, 2017
- Prayer Shawls for Rush Charity Drive 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Celebrate I Love Yarn Day 2017 with a Crochet Along and Knit Along! - October 9, 2017