Inspiration for today’s round-up of patterns has come from across the pond. A few months back, I started a Jane Austen Book Club with a few lovely ladies from work. And having recently met to discuss Sense and Sensibility, all I have been thinking of lately is the English countryside. From the rolling green hills to the quiet little gardens, really what’s not to love?
Imagining my own quaint little country cottage, I immediately started gathering a few crochet blanket patterns that I thought would fit the theme.
Head to the English countryside with the beautiful patterns below!
English Countryside Patterns
- The Flower Power Crochet Blanket Pattern is one of our favorite UK designers.
- This stunning fan pattern would be perfect for any English cottage!
- When thinking of a country home, snuggling up to a fire, the Diamond Lattice Crochet Blanket Pattern immediately comes to mind.
- I can easily imagine the Victorian Lace Afghan within the home of respectable families like the Dashwood’s and Bennett’s (Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice, for those not familiar).
- The Regal Fans Crochet Afghan is perfect for anyone looking for an easy pattern.
- Imagine the English countryside in the height of spring or summer. This Country Fields Throw makes us think of those rolling green hills.
- The Color Wheel Crochet Granny Square Throw is another absolutely stunning pattern from one of our favorite UK designers, Annie’s Place.
- It’s time for tea! The Tea Time Crochet Granny Square can easily be made up into a crochet afghan to keep you warm or a tea mat.
- If you’re looking for a touch of vintage to your English countryside patter, then the Queen’s Favorite Throw is definitely for you!
- The muted colors in the Autumn Harvest Striped Throw make me think of fall in the countryside.
- Cozy up with the help of the Quiet Country Garden Throw!
If you could live in any type of house what would it be?
- 19 Jaw Dropping Crochet Afghans - January 16, 2020
- 11+ Valentine’s Day Crochet Ideas to Fall in Love With - January 14, 2020
- Afghans in Bloom: 14 Floral Afghan Patterns - December 14, 2019