We are bringing back our most popular holiday contest again and giving you a chance to enter to win a prize every day. Today marks day 10 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. From Thursday, December 4th until Monday, December 15th, we here at Stitch and Unwind will be running a different giveaway each day. Check back with us every day to see a wonderful new pattern and prize that you can win!
Today is day 10 in our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
On the 10th day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me, a Welted Cowl from Sweet Georgia Yarns.
Today’s Project: Welted Cowl
Design by Jane Richmond
- 1 skein SweetGeorgia Yarns Silk Mist in Silver (325 yd / 300 m per 0.9 oz / 25 g skein; 60% fine kid mohair, 40% cultivated silk)
- NEEDLES: Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needle, 24” / 60 cm long. Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- NOTIONS: 1 stitch marker, tapestry needle
21 sts and 28 rows = 4” / 10 cm in Stockinette stitch. To save time and ensure accurate sizing, check finished gauge.
25” / 63.5 cm circumference and approximately 16” / 40.5 cm high
This pattern is intended to use up every last inch of yarn, if you’ve made a particularly large swatch you may need to unravel it to achieve the full height of the cowl.
Using long tail method, CO 132 sts. CO loosely to maintain a stretchy edge. Join for working in the rnd, being careful not to twist.
Knit 5 rnds.
Purl 5 rnds.
Repeat these 10 rnds 13 times more or until very little yarn remains from the skein of Silk Mist. Cowl should measure approximately 15 ½” / 39.5 cm when laid flat.
Knit 4 rnds.
BO very loosely. Using a larger needle allows you to achieve a tidy edge while maintaining a loose bind off.
Break yarn and weave in ends.
Enter to Win Today’s Prize: Twig Lace Shawl Knitting Kit
Today’s prize is a Twig Lace Shawl Knitting Kit from Sweet Georgia Yarns. The yarn included in the kit is yarn to make the lace shawl. Bring out the best in a light, hazy and silky cobweb yarn with this elegant triangle shawl. The shawl is knit from the top down and has a stockinette stitch body, finishing with a twig lace border.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is:
Leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What is your favorite holiday to knit or crochet for?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 14th at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED! Be sure to check out more great giveaway opportunities below!
Congratulations to Darlene!
You’ve won the Twig Lace Shawl Knitting Kit from Sweet Georgia Yarns. You will receive an email shortly.
There are more great prizes up for grabs in the coming weeks. Be sure to take advantage of every great giveaway opportunity when you visit our complete listing of giveaways and projects for the 12 Days of Christmas!
BONUS! ENTER TO WIN ALL 12 DAYS OF PRIZES!
Enter to win all 12 Presents from the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway over at AllFreeCrochet.com! You could win everything pictured above. Enter now!
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 17, 2021
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 6, 2021
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 5, 2021