We are bringing back our most popular holiday contest again and giving you a chance to enter to win a prize every day. Today marks the sixth day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. From Thursday, December 4th until Monday, December 15th, we here at Stitch and Unwind will be running a different giveaway each day. Check back with us every day to see a wonderful new pattern and prize that you can win!
Today is the sixth day in our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
On the sixth day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me, a Woven Plaid Blanket from Spinrite.
Today’s Project: Crocheted Woven Plaid Blanket
- Caron® UnitedTM (4 oz/113 g; 235 yds/215 m)
- Contrast A Cherry (06007) 5 skeins
- Contrast B White (06001) 3 skeins
- Contrast C Fresh Green (06012) 3 skeins
- Contrast D Dark Green (06016) 2 skeins
- Contrast E Dark Grey Heather (06005) 1 skein
- Size U.S. H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge. Large-eyed blunt-ended darning needle.
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Beginning
Ch = Chain(s)
Cont = Continue(ity)
Dc = Double crochet
Pat = Pattern
Rep = Repeat
RS = Right side
Sp(s) = Space(s)
St(s) = Stitch(es)
Tog = Together
Approx 46″ x 71″ [117 x 180 cm] (excluding fringe).
13 sc and 14 rows = 4″ [10 cm].
With A, ch 165.
1st row: (RS). 1 dc in 5th ch from hook (counts as 1 dc. Ch 1. 1 dc). *Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 dc in next ch. Rep from * to end of ch. 163 sts or 81 ch-1 sps. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1). *1 dc in next dc. Ch 1. Rep from * across, ending with 1 dc in 3rd ch of turning ch. Join D. Turn.
3rd row: With D, as 2nd row. Join A. Turn.
4th and 5th rows: With A, as 2nd row. Join B. Turn.
6th and 7th rows: With B, as 2nd row. Join C. Turn.
8th and 9th rows: With C, as 2nd row. Join B. Turn.
10th row: With B, as 2nd row. Join C. Turn.
11th and 12th rows: With C, as 2nd row. Join A. Turn.
13th and 14th rows: With A, as 2nd row. Join D. Turn.
Rep 3rd to 14th rows for pat 8 times more, then rep 3rd to 5th rows once. Fasten off.
Weaving: Cut lengths of yarn approx 96” [245 cm] long. Taking 3 strands tog, thread onto darning needle and beg at lower edge, weave vertically under and over rows in ch-1 sps up to top edge, noting strands will alternate ‘under’ and ‘over’ rows to create woven appearance.
With RS of Blanket facing, weave strands from left to right in the following color sequence (see diagram) (leaving approx 9” [23 cm] at each end for fringe):
(A) 5 times. *B. E. B. C. D. C. B. E. B.** (A) 3 times.*
Rep the sequence of 12 strands between * to * once more, then rep from * to ** once. (A) 5 times. Rep the sequence between * to * twice more, then rep from * to ** once. (A) 5 times.
Fringe: Cut lengths of yarn approx 18” [45.5 cm] long. Taking 2 strands tog, fold strands in half and knot into fringe, matching 3-strand weaving group ends at top and bottom edges of Blanket. Trim ,fringe evenly.
Enter to Win Today’s Prize:
Today’s prize is an assortment of yarn. You could WIN all the yarn you need to make this Woven Plaid Blanket crocheted in Caron United!
- Cherry (06007) 5 skeins
- White (06001) 3 skeins
- Fresh Green (06012) 3 skeins
- Dark Green (06016) 2 skeins
- Dark Grey Heather (06005) 1 skein
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is:
Leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What is your favorite wearable to knit or crochet and why?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 10th at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED! Be sure to check out more great giveaway opportunities below!
Congratulations to Lynn!
You’ve won the assortment of yarn from Spinrite. You will receive an email shortly.
There are more great prizes up for grabs in the coming weeks. Be sure to take advantage of every great giveaway opportunity when you visit our complete listing of giveaways and projects for the 12 Days of Christmas!
BONUS! ENTER TO WIN ALL 12 DAYS OF PRIZES!
Enter to win all 12 Presents from the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway over at AllFreeCrochet.com! You could win everything pictured above. Enter now!