Are you a fan of Downton Abbey? Pride and Prejudice? Any pop-culture reference to dashing men with breeches and cravats? Then that makes two of us! This post is going to be right up your alley.
I recently started a Jane Austen Book Club with a group of friends at the office (similar to the book of the same title, but without a lovable young man looking for new friends…or really any men in general). Each month we cover one of Jane Austen’s seven novels and watch the corresponding film.
This past week we delved into the world of Pride and Prejudice. We watched both of the famous film adaptions, the 300 minute (so LONG) BBC miniature series featuring the dashing Colin Firth, and the shorter, but also wonderful Keira Knightley version. It’s no surprise then that all I’ve wanted to create this week are very vintage and proper ladylike patterns. I’ve gathered a few of my favorite ladylike patterns around to share with all of you. Throw on Pride and Prejudice (which ever version you prefer) and let’s get crocheting.
- Granny Bedspread Pattern – I can just imagine this over one of the beds at Pemberley!
- Light and Lacy Afghan and Pillow – This light and lacy pattern is perfect for any amiable woman.
- Vintage Chinese Fan Afghan – This pattern reminded me of Mrs. Bennet.
- Pineapple Afghan – So delicate and light, it’s just like Jane!
- Queen Anne Blanket – Lady Catherine de Bourgh wouldn’t be caught dead without this lovely pattern in her collection.
- Victorian Rose Wreath Afghan – This afghan would be in the home of any Jane Austen’s female characters.
- Flower and Fruit Afghan – Couldn’t you see this in Charlotte Lucas’ home?
- Black Afghan With Roses – I imagine this draped over Lady Catherine de Bourgh’s daughter’s lap.
- Royal Splendor Afghan – With the crest of Pemberley, it would be perfect!
- Delicate Daisy Bedspread – So stunning, I’m sure all the Bennet girls would want one.
- Victorian Lace Bedspread – Light and lacy, this pattern is absolutely stunning.
- Crown of Pineapple Doily – I like to imagine the ladies working on this as they sit in the parlor in the morning.
Which ladylike pattern do you like?
- 11+ Valentine’s Day Crochet Ideas to Fall in Love With - January 16, 2019
- How to Crochet Afghans: Your Guide to 5 Key Crochet Stitches - January 3, 2019
- Afghans in Bloom: 14 Floral Afghan Patterns - December 18, 2018