When it comes to crochet afghan patterns, it’s easy to find lots of ideas for every season. Each season brings to mind different activities. For summer, you think swimming (or boating if you’re lucky.) In spring, it’s gardening – no one can resist being outside with the newly-green grass.
For winter, maybe you think of making snowmen or sipping hot chocolate. When I think of fall, though, one thing in particular comes to mind – walking in the woods to take a look at those gorgeous autumn leaves. Nothing can beat the colors that fall brings to the table.
Fall also makes me think of cold weather, though, and after a walk in the woods I’m usually left shivering and grabbing for the nearest blanket! There’s nothing like a crochet afghan to take the chill out of your day.
I’ve always been partial to combination of the darker tones of fall, especially when it comes to home decor. So for these woodland wonders imagine that you’ve headed into the woods for a nice, long walk. Visualize the endless treeline of reds, oranges, and yellows, and then imagine snuggling up with any one of these beautiful free patterns.
- Forest Ripple Crochet Throw – I’m digging the wildflower purple color in this throw.
- Log Cabin Granny Square Pattern – If you’re a fan of log cabin afghan patterns, then you’re definitely going to like this colorful crochet granny square.
- Woodsy Chic Triangle Lapghan – This pattern is way cool! Plus, it’s color scheme is plain stunning.
- Cabin in the Woods Crochet Afghan – The perfect addition to any woodsy lodge!
- Redwood Waffle-ghan – The rustic red that every home needs.
- Homey Crochet Throw – A snuggle-worthy blanket for any quaint cottage.
- Autumn’s Calling Crochet Afghan – I love the combination of rich fall colors and the simple motif of this pattern.
- Cool Crochet Log Cabin Afghan – A rustic pattern with a modern twist!
- 5 Color Log Cabin Granny – Create a cool crochet granny and bust your yarn stash in one fell swoop.
- Simply Natural Granny Square – Love the simplicity of this pattern!
- Fall Zig Zag Afghan Pattern – This chevron pattern is just so sharp.
- Autumn Harvest Striped Throw – Beautiful muted rustic hues of fall and fun design make this crochet blanket pattern irresistible.
- Granny’s Treasure Throw – I’m head-over-heels with this simple throw.
Woodland Amigurumi Patterns
We just couldn’t leave it without a few cuddly woodland creatures!
- Owl Family – You’ll have a hoot making these precious owls.
- Amigurumi Bear and Pot of Honey – So sweet!
- Amigurumi Acorn – The perfect fall figurines.
- Cute Crochet Pumpkin – It’s the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown!
- Adorable Crochet Moose – Escape to the north woods!
Plus! Find out everything you have ever wanted to know about yarn inside Crochet Tips: Different Types of Yarn!
What’s your favorite fall activity?