Summer is here, and it’s time to get outside. Whether you live near an ocean, lake, or pond, most people like spending time in the water when the heat starts building up. You’ll fit right in with all the other sea creatures in any of these summer sea inspired knitting patterns.
Be honest: Did you ever pretend you were Ariel after watching “The Little Mermaid” as a kid? (No? Just me then? Okay.) You have to admit, at least, that being a mermaid and living in an underwater kingdom sounds pretty cool. (At least it does to an 8-year-old girl.)
The good news is that you can keep that piece of your childhood with you by making one of these 14 amazing mermaid-inspired knit patterns. Whether it’s a light scarf, a cozy afghan, or a cute tote bag, you’re sure to find something here that brings out the sea princess you always wanted to be.
Check out these fantastic knit patterns that are inspired by those iconic ocean goddesses: mermaids.
- Mermaid Dreams Shawl – This chic knit shawl brings a touch of mermaid magic to any outfit.
- Under the Sea Knit Scarf – Take your inspiration from the sea’s deep blues, aquas, and purples when making this flowy scarf. The intricate knitting design sort of looks like a row of seashells.
- Mermaid Tail Bookmark – If you’re into reading, you’ll love this seaside summer bookmark featuring a mermaid tail pattern. CUTE!
- Riding the Waves Tote Bag – This blue-and-white bag is perfect for summer days at the beach.
- Floating on Dreams Scarf – This easy knitting pattern is perfect for beginners and daydreamers. You’ll be finished with one scarf and starting on another before you even realize it.
- Ariel’s Favorite Blanket (pictured) – Your daughter or granddaughter will absolutely love this mermaid tail afghan inspired by “The Little Mermaid.” NEVER SEEN BEFORE
- Ocean Ripple Baby Afghan – This soft and cuddly blanket is perfect for your baby’s soft skin.
- She Sells Seashells Cowl (pictured) – You’ll love the unique shell design on this spring scarf pattern! Pair it with a neutral-colored shirt to really make the design stand out.
- By the Seashore Blanket – This fun rippled afghan is the perfect thing for snuggling up with your hubby on a cool evening.
- Mermaid Tail Lap Blanket – If you love Ariel, you’ll adore this mermaid-inspired knit blanket, complete with tail. SO FUN!
- Rippled Ocean Ruffle Scarf – The constant bob of the ocean is reflected in this one-of-a-kind ruffled cowl.
- Clam Shell Coasters – These adorable knit coaster patterns look like they were taken straight from the ocean floor!
- Seaside Cardigan – Wrap yourself in the ocean by making this stunning cardigan. The open pattern makes it perfect for wearing to special events this summer. FAN FAVORITE
- Mindless Mermaid Fishnet Scarf – Your granddaughter will love this spunky fishnet design!
What is your favorite thing about the sea?
- 24 Baby Knitting Patterns for Fall - August 16, 2019
- Summer Knits: 24 Free Printable Knitting Patterns for Summer - August 10, 2019
- 25 Knitting Patterns Fit for a Goddess - August 9, 2019