The kids will be heading back to school soon—if they aren’t back already!—so now is the time to whip out those knitting needles and get to work on a few little back-to-school quick knitting patterns for teacher. These free knitting patterns are all perfect gift ideas for the one who will be responsible for so much of your child’s life over the next year. Make a good impression on the first day of school and send your student back with one of these great knit gift ideas for teacher in hand.
I used to be a teacher, and I can tell you that I loved getting little items on the first day of school that showed that the student was excited to be there with me. Some of those little gifts are among my own treasured items, and sit on my desk here at the office now. I can vividly remember each student who timidly handed me the sweet little sentiment with a shy little grin on his or her face. Make something that the new teacher will love and remember for years to come.
One of the great things about most of these super-quick knitting projects, aside from being fast to knit up, is that they can be worked with scraps and leftovers—that way you can feel good about using that more expensive yarn for these gifts…it just makes them even more special. Be sure to have your student handwrite a nice note to give with these great DIY teacher gifts!
Lightning Quick Knit Gift Ideas
- Quick Knit Headphone Holder
- Tiny Treasures Stocking…you could roll a gift certificate up inside!
- Ornament for Knitting Lovers
- Gift Card Sweaters …Teachers always love gift cards, but give them in a special way.
Stress Free Knitting Patterns
Let’s face it, teachers need every little bit of stress relief we can offer them. These little stress relieving projects are the perfect thing for teacher to keep on their desk to use when it’s “read silently to yourself” time (which we all know is code for “I need a break so hush!” in the teacher world!).
Sweet Sentiments For Teacher
- Little Love Token Knit Heart
- Heart Flower Pot Cozy…knit on of these pot cozies and give teacher a plant to keep on their desk all year. Succulents are popular!
- Simple Sweater Mug Cozy…Teachers drink alot of coffee. They’ll need this.
- Easy Knitting Sweet Somethings
Apple for Teacher
- Bamboozelle…a place for everything, and everything in it’s place.
- Apple of My Eye Dishcloth…I received a few of these over the years, and I used them as coasters on my desk
- Stuffed Apple Pincushion…An apple a day keeps the doctor away!
- Candy Apple Cowl
What is your favorite gift to give to teachers? Let us know below in the comments!
- 22 Food-Inspired Knitting Patterns You Need To Make - March 17, 2021
- Simply Sweet Seed Stitch Knitting Patterns for Baby - March 14, 2021
- 14 Sensational Knit Slipper Patterns - March 9, 2021