Happy New Year! If you’re anything like me, you made a New Year resolution to start being more organized. It’s something I have always meant to do, but no matter how many times I have tried, I always lose myself to the clutter. This year, I’m taking a new approach to decluttering my room and apartment, and I think it’s actually going to work this time. I’m starting in my room first because there have been so many occasions where I spend time looking for something that just wasn’t where it was supposed to be. Take my yarn stash: I keep all my extra skeins of yarn
I’m starting in my room first because I always spend time looking for something that just wasn’t where it was supposed to be. Take my yarn stash: I keep all my extra skeins of yarn on a bookshelf, where each shelf is a different yarn weight. So why couldn’t I find my super-bulky purple yarn when I had a craving to work up a quick slouchy crochet hat? As it turns out, that skein of yarn found itself in a bag next to my desk. Had I just tried little harder, I’d be able to keep track of things and live a slightly less stressful life.
If you have similar New Year resolutions, we at AllFreeCrochet have you covered. From crochet baskets and hanging crochet organizers to just simple tips on how exactly to organize, you’ll find some of our favorites in this list of 15 Organization Hacks for a New Year.
15 Organization Hacks for a New Year
Crochet Organization Projects
- Spikey Stripey Crochet Basket – great for any room of your house or apartment!
- Crochet Pocket Hanging Storage – keep track of makeup, jewelry or other little toiletries with this free crochet pattern
- Convenient Crochet Grocery Bag Holder
- Hanging Crochet Basket – This is a great way to keep your floor clear of clutter
- Office Cozies – take your organization plan into your work life as well
- Crochet Organizer Caddy
- Grape Cordial Crochet Basket
- Stash It
- Foxy Yarn Basket
- Pretty Floral Trinket Box – Put this on your dresser and have a place for all your earrings and rings!
- One Hour Crochet Hook Case – never lose a crochet hook again
- Mega Bulky Crochet Baskets – Quick and easy to work up, you can make these for every room!
Tips for Organizing
- How to organize bits of yarn that you just can’t bring yourself to throw away.
- 43 Ways to Keep Your Yarn Tangle Free
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, How to Change Color, and More – this free downloadable eBook will help you out anywhere you are!
What was your main New Year Resolution?
- 17 Easy Crochet Patterns for Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts - January 21, 2020
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 17, 2020
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 8, 2020