Confession time: as much as I adore autumn, I always wait until the last minute to put together a Halloween costume. Every year around September I decide that dressing up just isn’t worth the hassle or the cost, but between Halloween parties, taking my younger relatives trick-or-treating, and feeling like a Scrooge handing out candy in regular ol’ clothes, it’s inevitable that I’ll have a change of heart in the eleventh hour. One way or another I always find myself in a party store on the day before Halloween, about to pay way too much for some witch hat or elbowing a ten-year-old for the last pair of cat ears. Trust me, I wouldn’t wish that on the Wicked Witch of the West!
To save you the last-minute shopping hassle, I’ve gathered some of my favorite DIY costumes that the whole family can enjoy. With a little knitting or crocheting experience, you can create some seriously cool Halloween costumes that are totally one-of-a-kind and won’t break the bank. From mystical mermaids to hilarious hot dogs and skeletons to superheroes, these easy DIY Halloween costumes are guaranteed to turn heads and crack laughs. Whichever of our Halloween patterns you choose to make, I don’t want to see you in line with me on October 30th – those vampire fangs are mine this year!
Knit and Crochet Costumes for Kids
Whether it’s infant Halloween costumes you need or something to spook-ify a toddler, I’ve got you covered.
- Cute Crochet Mermaid Costume
- Crochet Tiny Turtle Newborn Costume
- Heroine for a Day Crochet Costume
- Teddy’s First Halloween Knit Sweater and Hat
- Fiery Flamenco Dancer Knit Costume
Knit and Crochet Accessories for Adults
There’s no need to go all-out with your costume to make a serious statement – our knit and crochet accessories for adults can give any outfit a fun Halloween twist.
- Wicked Witch Knitted Cape
- Whimsical Witch Crochet Hat
- Scary Skull Crochet Sweater
- Crochet Viking Helmet
Knit and Crochet Costumes for Pets
Fluffy will be the talk of the town with these unique Halloween costumes that are just for pets!
- Clever Crochet Hot Dog Costume
- Crochet Candy Corn Costume
- Buddy in Bloom Crochet Costume
- Little Monster Crochet Costume
- Pirate Pup Knit Costume
What costumes will you be making this Halloween?
Can’t get enough Halloween crafts? Find even more free Halloween crochet patterns in AllFreeCrochet’s eBook, 12 Halloween Crafts to Crochet!
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 18, 2019
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 10, 2019
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 4, 2019