Here’s a question for all of you crocheters. Did you spend the months leading up to the holidays creating handmade crochet items everyone in your family — but nothing for you? If it’s been a while since you last made something just for you, then it’s time to make a promise. Replenish your wardrobe by creating an assortment of spring crochet patterns, including oversized bags , sun hats, and other fun items.
Do you feel your crochet skills are stuck in a rut after months of making the same hat-and-mittens combination for everyone on your gift list? If that’s the case, then you’ll relish the opportunity to make new projects using different techniques or skills. Creating a handmade item for your own use means you can be more forgiving if the project doesn’t turn out as planned. Just unravel the row (or rows) with the mistake, take a deep breath, and start over.
Springtime crochet projects are also a great way to work with something lighter — and that is meant literally. With softer colors a popular choice for spring, you’ll love having a brighter palette to work with in your next project. Experiment with the color scheme, too. Your favorite pastel shades can work together to make a beautiful color combination in your next crochet project. The material you use in your projects will be lighter, too. The chunky yarn used all winter can stay in your yarn stash in favor of using lighter materials, including lace or fingering weight yarn.
We here at AllFreeCrochet  have rounded up a selection of crochet infinity scarves , socks, messy bun hats  and more that you will love to wear even when the temperatures rise. The following patterns are just what you need to add a handmade and season-appropriate update to your springtime wardrobe. Clear your schedule, grab your favorite yarn, and start working on a project that will truly make you smile.
Spring Crochet Patterns for Scarves, Shawls and Tops
- Pink Fantasy Infinity Scarf  — Add some serious color to your wardrobe with this pattern
- Chevron Lace Crochet Infinity Scarf  — The chevron trend is as strong as ever!
- Pastel Colored Rippling Vest  — Light and airy, this vest is perfect for spring and even summer
- Downton Abbey Dowager Shawl  — We think the Dowager Countess would approve of this pattern
- Be So Fine Key West Crochet Lace Shawl  — You’ll think of walks along the beach with this light and airy pattern
- Spring Fever Crochet Top  — Dress up any outfit by including this cute crochet top
- Simple Springtime Cardigan  — A brighter take on the traditional cardigan, this pattern just might be at the top of your list
- Colorful Calypso Shawlette  — Wear this shawlette on your next date night or girls’ night out!
Accessorize Your Outfits With These Spring Crochet Patterns
- Pansy Crochet Flower  — Include flower power in a big way on your favorite purse or jacket with this pattern
- Two Hour Tote  — Carry your wallet and keys with this cute little number
- Straw Sun Hat  — This hat will keep the sun out of your eyes at every backyard barbecue
- Beginner Crochet Headband Pattern  — Light and delicate, this headband will keep the hair out of your eyes
- Crochet Rose Ring  — You’ll love wearing this ring!
- Breath of Spring Hat  — If spring has a chilly start in your area, then you’ll want to wear this light hat
- 1 Skein Farmer’s Market Bag  — Bring home fresh veggies in style with this colorful bag
- Small Shell Socks  — Slip into this pair of socks after a rainy spring day