Does it seem like everyone you know is having a baby, getting married, or throwing a big birthday party? If your social calendar is filled with plenty of parties and celebrations, then you might be wondering if there’s a way to keep up with the tidal wave of invitations while also giving beautiful crochet gifts. Never fear, dear crocheters. These 18 Last Minute Crochet Gift Ideas include crochet patterns that can be whipped up while watching TV, as well as patterns that are classic and never go out of style. And is your yarn stash a little bit (OK, a lot) out of hand? I have yarn stash crochet projects that are to the rescue!
Start with building a stockpile of crochet gifts. If you have some downtime, then working on an adorable afghan for a baby or a pair of fingerless gloves is a great way to have a project on hand for an impromptu gift. You do need to put a little bit of planning into the project. Use yarn that is yellow, green, or gray for baby crochet patterns, especially if you don’t have a specific recipient in mind. For wearable crochet items, such as scarves and hats, think of the personal style of some of the recipients when selecting yarn. If no one in your friend group can pull off wearing bright pink yarn, then perhaps you should select a different color.
If keeping a stockpile of crochet socks and scarves won’t work for you, don’t give up. That’s where quick crochet projects will work. These projects can be completed while you watch your favorite TV show or while sitting in on your child’s soccer practice. You’ll love that you can bring these quick crochet projects with you while you’re on the go.
Has your yarn stash taken over your craft room, your living room, and almost every other room in your home? There’s a solution. With yarn stash-busting projects, you can make a dent in your piles of random yarn while creating an item that doesn’t look like it’s made out of piles of random yarn. Just remember to select yarn scraps that are of similar weights and fiber for a project.
Although building a stockpile of last-minute crochet gifts sounds like an amazing time saver, there are some things to consider. Creating projects in advance does not allow for customization or take into account each recipient’s preferences and size. You’ll also require plenty of storage space, especially if crochet baby blankets and other bulky items are on your project list. Finally, you need to remember that you made the projects! It will be counterproductive to your efforts if you’ve forgotten or misplaced your stack of completed crochet fingerless gloves and hats. With these tips in mind, check out AllFreeCrochet’s list of great last minute crochet gift ideas.
These Classic Crochet Patterns Won’t Go Out Of Style
Make duplicates of these classic crochet patterns to keep on hand for last-minute gift ideas.
- Pink Shell Baby Blanket — So cute and soft! This pattern can be made with yarn in other colors.
- Classic Infinity Scarf — This crochet pattern is perfect for a friend gift.
- Butterfly Fling Crochet Shawl — An elegant addition to any outfit!
- The Dude Scarf — Make extras for every guy in your family.
- Men’s Crochet Beanie — You’ll love that this pattern includes the Tunisian stitch.
- Unisex Crochet Hat — The perfect hat for cold weather wear.
Last Minute Crochet Gift Ideas That Can Be Made In One Hour Or Less
If time is of the essence, then these crochet patterns can get the job done.
- Super Speedy Preemie Hat — This pattern is a great way to make a gift for a preemie in little time.
- One Hour Crochet Hook Case — The perfect gift idea for anyone who crafts!
- One Hour Wine Bottle Cozy — Can be used for water bottles and other uses, too.
- Easy Peasy Buttoned I-Cord Bracelet — Make this bracelet for your friend’s birthday, holiday gift, or “just because.”
- One Hour Coin Purse — Here’s a gift idea: Slide some cash or a gift card inside the coin purse, too.
- Thick & Quick Bumpy Scrubby — Use this dishcloth pattern for a gift for a housewarming or bridal shower.
- Half Hour Cowl — The name says it all!
Yarn Stash Crochet Projects You’ll Love
Make a dent in that yarn stash with these projects.
- Striped Stash Buster Blanket — Super colorful and warm!
- Northern Lights Granny Throw — This pattern is so colorful and dramatic, no one will ever know you reached into your yarn stash to make it.
- Scrap Happy Scarf —You’ll use the granny stripe in a big way with this cute pattern.
- Rainbow Crochet Hat Pattern — Every color of the rainbow is on full display with this cute hat pattern.
- Stash-Busting Leg Warmers — Love the colorful stripes in this design!
What is your favorite last minute crochet gift idea?
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 17, 2021
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 6, 2021
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 5, 2021