If you grew up watching Disney princess movies, there’s a good chance you also dressed up like your favorite princess at some point. Cinderella, Ariel, and Princess Jasmine have been popular for decades.
To get that same special feeling as an adult, you can give your home a royal touch by taking inspiration from past or present rulers. We’ve compiled a list of 24 free crochet afghan patterns that are inspired by different princesses in history and on-screen. Check it out below!
The Princess of Wales had a large spectrum of styles throughout the 1980s. From loose-fitting dresses to tailored jackets, from plaid to polka dots, she always had a certain amount of class that many women envied. These unique crochet afghan patterns are inspired by some of her outfits that stood out.
- Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend Afghan
- Beautiful Baby Carriage Set Perfect for Prince William and Prince Harry
- Eclectic Indoor Garden Afghan (pictured)
- A Blanket of Roses
- Perfect in Pink Baby Blanket
- ’80s Plaid Princess Afghan Plaid never goes out of style
The Duchess of Cambridge is known for her classic, elegant outfits. Whether she’s going bold or vintage, Kate Middleton always looks good. Here are some classy crochet afghan patterns she would appreciate.
- Princess Charlotte’s Christening Crochet Blanket Adorable!
- Easy Elegance Lace Throw
- Vintage Scalloped Blanket (pictured)
- Marie Antoinette Classic Afghan
- Queen of Persia Print Kate’s favorite
- Classic and Chic Throw
The heroine from Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” went from being a quirky bookworm to an elegant lady. These gorgeous afghan patterns and cute baby blankets are inspired by her story and her favorite colors.
- Beautiful Ball Gown Afghan
- You’ll Love This Until the Last Petal Falls We do!
- Vintage Victorian Afghan (pictured)
- Belle’s Favorite Baby Blue Blanket
- Enchanted Rose Crochet Pattern Make this project and break the spell
- Morning Light Baby Blanket
The cold doesn’t bother the powerful Queen of Arendelle from the Disney film “Frozen.” It won’t bother you, either, if you make one of these cozy crochet blankets next winter.
- Elsa’s Favorite Snowflake Afghan
- First Snowfall Crochet Blanket
- Frozen Heart Granny Square
- Do You Want to Build a Snowman? C’mon, let’s go and play…
- Let It Go Granny Square
- The Cold Never Bothered This Cozy Afghan (pictured) Sooo warm and fuzzy
Which other royals do you think have iconic styles?
- 11 Whimsical Woodland Afghans - December 3, 2019
- 12 Patchwork Patterns - November 23, 2019
- Afghans for All Occasions: Our Top 5 Crochet Afghan Collections - November 17, 2019