I’m a big movie fanatic and have grown quite a collection over the years. Enough so that I no longer allow myself to go past the $5 dollar movie section at Target, because I end up finding at least 2-3 movies that I desperately want, but have no place to put.
Beyond the actual experience of watching a film (being transported to another time, place, and even world), I love having one on as background noise when I crochet (action films excluded…crocheting to James Bond did not turn out well). There’s nothing more relaxing then grabbing my hook and yarn and throwing on a movie. The last movie I watched while crocheting was The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and all I kept thinking was “I really wish I could have Katniss’ cowl”.
To the internet I went searching for the pattern. One thing led to another and I was soon gathering quite an extensive list of patterns inspired by popular television and movie. Take a peak at some of my favorites below!
Patterns Straight from Hollywood
- Breaking Bad Afghan
- E.T. Blanket KNIT
- That 70’s Throw
- Downton Abbey Christening Blanket
- Game of Thrones Shawl KNIT
- Pride and Prejudice Shawl
- District 12 Cowl Wrap
- Brady Bunch Afghan
- Alice Cullens’ Gloves KNIT
- Iron Man Square
- Rosalie Hale Hat KNIT
- Downton Abbey Rose Jewelry
- Alice’s Twilight Scarf KNIT
- Brave Little Toaster Blanket
- Minion Crochet Square Motif
- Downton Abbey Skirt, Blouse, and Jacket KNIT
- Carlisle’s Twilight Scarf KNIT
- Downton Abbey Crochet Hat
- Lancaster Afghan
- Downton Abbey Cardigan KNIT
- Big Bang Theory Afghan
- Downton Hat KNIT
- Minion from Despicable Me Amigurumi
- Downton Abbey Wrist Warmers KNIT
Have you ever crocheted or knit a pattern that reminded you of one you’d seen in a movie or TV show?