There’s one word that truly encapsulates my childhood: magic. From talking animals to toys that were not just toys, my childhood was chalk full of magic.
One of the most common sources for this magical inspiration (beyond a child’s imagination) are fairy tales. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve watched Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, or Pocahontas (or just about any Disney film). While I no longer wish for a pet racoon or pretend that my carpet is magic (at least not regularly) not all the magic has left me. And let me tell you, it hasn’t left you either!
As crocheters and knitters, we create magic each time we pick up our hook or needles. We can take a ball of yarn and turn it into a stunning afghan, scarf, or sweater. So I thought, why not capture a little bit of magic from our childhood. These fairy tale crochet and knit patterns will do just that! There’s nothing like a few magical, mystical, enchanting patterns to bring a smile to your face.
Fairy Tale Patterns
- Fairy Lace Baby Cardi KNIT
- Mystical Rainbow Afghan
- Magical Mandala
- Pretty Princess Purse
- Princess Crocodile Stitch Baby Blanket
- Magic Arm Knit Cowl KNIT
- Midnight Magic Shawl
- Enchanting Circle Afghan
- Fairy Fingers Scarf KNIT
- Pretty Princess Tiara
- Midnight Magic Afghan
- Row Count Butterfly Afghan Square
- Magical Baby Blanket
- Magic Fairy Dust Scarf KNIT
- Magical Animal Hat
- Wish Upon a Star Baby Blanket
- Magical Flower Afghan
- Magical Unicorn Baby Hat
- Blanket Fit for a Prince
- Fairytale Mushrooms KNIT
What’s your favorite fairy tale?
- Free Pattern: Irish Lace Afghan from Yarnspirations - February 14, 2020
- 19 Jaw Dropping Crochet Afghans - January 16, 2020
- 11+ Valentine’s Day Crochet Ideas to Fall in Love With - January 14, 2020