I’m just learning how to knit. I’ve done some arm knitting  recently, but nothing with needles. A few weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to learn how to knit “for real.” But I knew that I needed something simple to start. So, I went on a hunt and rounded up a bunch of knitting patterns for beginners  that I like, and I’m sharing them with you here in this list of 27 Knitting Patterns You Can’t Screw Up: Easy Knitting Patterns for Beginners. I hope you like these free knitting patterns as much as I do!
Plus, if you’re interested in learning about different yarn weights, you don’t want to miss What is Worsted Weight Yarn? The Most Versatile Yarn for Knitting .
*** BONUS! For even more free knitting patterns for beginners, be sure to check out the Knitting For Beginners Guide: 54 Easy Knitting Patterns . You will be blown away by the amount of knitting patterns you can complete. This comprehensive collection is perfect for knitters of all skill levels. ***
Learning to knit can be a daunting task! Make sure you have all of the important knitting lingo down with our guide to Knitting Terms Explained !
27 Knits You Can’t Screw Up: Easy Knitting Patterns for Beginners
Cowls & Scarves
- Hipster Cowl Knitting Pattern  – Gorgeous in white, with tassels!
- Summer Neckerchief for Beginners 
- Ribbed Woodland Scarf Knitting Pattern 
- Strawberry Jam Neck Wrap  (pictured)
- Easy Mistake Stitch Scarf 
- Out of This World Cowl  – Beautiful burgundy and purple color
Knit Blanket Patterns
I’ve always wanted to make my own knit blanket, so I’ll be trying at least one of these blanket knitting patterns . They’re gorgeous and super easy.
- Super Easy Afghan Knitting Pattern  – Beginner level and multicolored!
- Get Fresh Blanket Knitting Pattern 
- Simple Striped Seed Stitch Afghan  (pictured)
- Country Cottage Blanket  – Stunning white thrown in super bulky yarn
- Braided Hope Knit Blanket Pattern 
Knitting for Babies & Kids
I don’t currently have any babies in my life for whom I can knit, but these free knitting patterns for kids  were too cute not to include.
- Ridiculously Easy Hyacinth Baby Hat Knitting Pattern 
- Little Bitty Uggs Baby Booties Knitting Pattern  – Unbelievably adorable!
- Cool Kid Hoodie 
- Stripey Baby Sweater Pattern  (pictured)
- Striped Toddler Mittens 
- Kids Banana Beanie  – Such a fun shade of yellow
Knit Hat Patterns
Knit hats are my new obsession. They look so cool, and I can’t wait to try one. All of these hat knitting patterns  are on my list of projects to make.
- Gold Leaf Easy Hat Knitting Pattern  (pictured)
- Everyday Knit Hat Pattern 
- Spring Meadow Knit Beanie Pattern 
- Snowy Cat Hat  – Funny, warm, and super simple!
Everything Else Easy
This section is a hodge podge of easy knitting patterns  that look interesting and not too hard.
- Simple Sapphire Summer Tank  – Video tutorial included
- Easy Knit Fingerless Gloves Pattern 
- Beginner Basketweave Dishcloth  (pictured)
- Tweed Rustic Cushion Cover Knitting Pattern 
- Summer Mesh Top Easy Knitting Pattern 
- I Don’t Give a Hoot Dishcloth  – Owl dishcloth!
If you want more super fun and easy knitting patterns for beginners, check out our collection of 14 Rainbow Knitting Patterns for Beginners .