My sister is having a baby this August (yay!) So I’ve decided to learn how to crochet so I can make something special for our future bundle of joy. I want it to be something special – something that looks a little more fancy than your basic crochet project. After doing some research, I’ve found that the V-stitch is just the ticket for making your projects look nice without being too difficult.
If you can create chains and double crochets, you can do the V-stitch. Follow this easy tutorial to find out how. I’ll wait here….
Think you’ve got it? Great!
Now that you know how to make a V-stitch, look below for 29 simple crochet patterns that you can make using this technique. The Vanilla Bean Scarf looks to me like a great place to start!
Wearable Crochet Patterns
You’ll look super chic wearing one of these amazing crochet patterns! Make your own tunic, headband, scarf, or shawl with these stunningly easy crochet projects. There’s something here for everyone, from your grandmother to your niece.
- Popular Zen Jacket
- Coldwater Creek Style Cardigan FAN FAVE
- Ribbed Shell Tee
- Vanilla Bean Scarf
- Skinny V Stitch Crochet Headband
- Lunch Hour Scarf Ready to wear in less than 60 minutes
- Splendid Scalloped V-Stitch Shawl
- Lacy Love Crochet Shrug
- Downton Abbey Dowager Shawl Lady Mary would approve
- Gorgeous V-Stitch Scarf
- Pineapple Crochet Tunic
- Princess Diana Crochet Shawl
- Lacy Oversized Top (pictured)
- Crochet V Stitch Headband
- Sequins Crochet Wrap
- Flaunty Flared Crochet Skirt Your daughter will love this!
Afghans and Baby Blankets
Keep your little one warm with these cute crochet baby blankets and cozy afghan patterns. (I plan on making the Merry Melon Afghan for my future niece or nephew!) And who doesn’t love a fuzzy afghan for keeping their toes warm in the winter?
- Lazy Girl Crochet Blanket Super easy
- Merry Melon Afghan
- Lavender Lace Throw
- Pink Daisy Crocheted Baby Blanket FAN FAVE
- Quick n’ Cozy Crochet Afghan (pictured)
- Lace Border Blanket Baby’s favorite
- Crochet V-stitch Blanket
- Wobbly Rectangles Blanket
More V-Stitch Patterns
You can crochet more than just blankets and sweaters. Start with the simple V-Stitch patterns below and then see what other crochet ideas you can come up with!
- Summer Breeze Dishcloth (pictured)
- V-Stitch Toddler Leg Warmers
- FANCY Soap Bag
- Easy Crochet Dishcloth
- Mermaid Crochet Doll Dress Barbie never looked so good!
Let us know: What is your favorite type of item to crochet?
- 17 Easy Crochet Patterns for Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts - January 25, 2023
- Free Pattern: Knit Beanie Pattern from Red Heart - January 24, 2023
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 13, 2023