Happy Halloween, crocheters! I have a brief anecdote that inspired today’s round-up of patterns.
I woke up this morning in Chicago excited. Halloween has always been a very fun holiday at my house. We’d dress up our dogs (silly, but always good for a laugh. They’re such good sports), have a little bonfire in the front lawn, and greet all the trick-or-treaters.
Each year, my Dad would drag out an old dark room door and set it up on our front lawn (which we had for the sole purpose of Halloween…we had no dark room in our house, as fun as that would be). He’d put sheets up to create a tunnel out the back and then add a few other freaky decorations around it. All the kids in our neighborhood would come and go through the “magic door” and then get candy. It was always a blast.
This year, Chicago played the biggest trick on it’s inhabitants. While driving to work, it began snowing. SNOWING. It didn’t last long, thank god, but I just couldn’t believe it.
So I immediately did what everyone does when they’re sick of horrible weather: look up exotic places to move to. And that’s when I landed on the Mediterranean. Greece, Spain, Italy, they all sound lovely right about now. From the incredible architecture, to the food, art, and of course the 60-70’s temperature range for October, what’s not to love?
Mediterranean Crochet Patterns:
- Madrid Ripple Stitch Afghan
- Grecian Column Afghan
- Amore Tiles
- A glorious sun set over the water capture in a granny square pattern
- Fiori Esagono – Flower Hexagon
- Firenze Crochet Granny Square
- Around the World Tunisian Throw
- The color I imagine the water on the coast of Santorini to look like
- This Cute Crochet Sunflower Pattern makes me dream of the sunflower fields in Italy
If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
- 11 Whimsical Woodland Afghans - December 3, 2019
- 12 Patchwork Patterns - November 23, 2019
- Afghans for All Occasions: Our Top 5 Crochet Afghan Collections - November 17, 2019