Today is the day to shine a light on one of my favorite designs: the oh-so-versatile Tunisian crochet stitch. Yes, it is a design grandkids and grannies can agree on. One of the best things about this pattern is the way it combines modern and vintage design by bringing back what used to be known as the afghan crochet stitch. I have found some of my favorite things bring together something old with something new: Throwback Thursday combines social media and nostalgia, updated Polaroid cameras are making a comeback, and even the Game Show channel is revitalizing old classics like Match Game (just to name a few).
When it comes to crochet blanket patterns, you can do the same by creating a vintagey feel via the Tunisian crochet stitch, while also updating the colors or designs to be exactly what you want for today. These Tunisian crochet blankets will add an elegant touch to any room in your house. I, for one, plan on working up the Rose Afghan for my living room, where it will look great draped over an armchair (okay, you caught me—I’ll probably ask my grandma to make it for me).
15 Afghans with Tunisian Crochet Stitches
If working up a Tunisian crochet pattern sounds a little intimidating, it’ll be a breeze to learn how to crochet the Tunisian stitch if you check out a few of these video and photo tutorials:
Here are my 15 favorite afghans featuring the Tunisian Crochet Stitch:
- Golden Eagle Afghan
- Medallion Crochet Afghan (pictured)
- Pine Tree Afghan Pattern
- Modern Leaf Afghan
- Rose Afghan
- Rainbow Tunisian Entrelac Crochet Blanket (my ABSOLUTE favorite)
- Lilac Love Crochet Baby Blanket
- Fleur de Lis Afghan
- Maize Fireside Afghan
- Fish Scales Tunisian Throw
- Ten Stitch Tunisian Crochet
- Royal Splendour Afghan (pictured)
- Butter Mints Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Shades of Amber Tunisian Afghan
- California Ranch Afghan
What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
- 19 Jaw Dropping Crochet Afghans - January 16, 2020
- 11+ Valentine’s Day Crochet Ideas to Fall in Love With - January 14, 2020
- Afghans in Bloom: 14 Floral Afghan Patterns - December 14, 2019