Last week, we announced our first ever Fan of the Week contest! Thank you so much to everyone who gave us their best knitting tips as entries. While there were so many good ones to choose from, only one person could win! And now, without further ado, our first fan of the week is … Erin Papp!
Erin’s Knitting Tip
When knitting, I put my yarn in a Ziploc bag. There are 2.5 gallon bags for the one pound size yarn, and I keep it in the bag, with enough room left open to bring the yarn out. That way it’s enclosed, and away from animal hair. Of course you can buy those $10 containers with the hole in the top, but once you get into a project, you cant take it out of the container. This way, with the Ziploc bag, you can take it out whenever you want, and also store your project in there, as well as the pattern and counters, and whatever else you need for the project. Then, zip it up, and all is protected.
Erin’s Favorite Free Knitting Patterns
An Easy Knit Shawl – Get a grasp on shawl knitting, with this simple pattern that’s great for newer knitters. The basic eyelet design will have you looking great for blistering summer weather!
Flit n Float Butterfly Scarf – Float into warmer weather with this knit scarf design that’s lighter than air!
Zig Zag Bed Spread – Brighten up a room with this exciting, colorful bed spread. It’s easy to see why this is one of Erin’s favorite patterns!
Let’s Meet Erin!
So who is this mystery fan that’s been selected as our lucky Fan of the Week? To get to know Erin a little better, we asked her a few questions, which she was kind enough to take the time to answer! Are you ready to meet your fellow knitter? Let’s start!
- Are you a crafter? I’d like to say I’m the artistic and creative type.
- What crafts do you like to do? I absolutely love to knit (especially for family and friends and for charity, rarely do I make things for myself). I also enjoy a bit of crochet, jewelry making, redecorating, and any other creative thing my mind gets drawn to!
- How long have you been crafting? I’ve been knitting for more than 30 years (on and off), and for the last 10 years or so, I’ve been redecorating around the house. I’ve been creative all my life.
- If you were stranded on a deserted island, what five craft supplies or tools would you want with you? OK, #1) Size 15 Plastic circular needles. #2)Endless supply of yarn #3) Glass beads for embellishing knitting projects #4) Scissors are needed I’m sure #5) And perhaps a small and large crochet needle.
- What craft have you always wanted to try? Scrapbooking looks pretty interesting. I’d like to put my photos in a book, and really make it attractive. I’d use lots of colors, and put borders around some of the pictures. It just sounds like a lot of fun.
- Have you ever had a craft fail? Tell us about it! Oh yeah, all the time! I’ll be trying a new knitting project, and just won’t like the way its coming out, or, I miss a stitch and everything unravels once I pull out the lifeline. You just have to take a break, walk away from it, and give it everything you have once you get back to it. I let no yarn or pattern defeat me!
We’d like to offer a special thanks to Erin for answering our questions! It was a pleasure “meeting” you! Thanks so much again to everyone who participated in our Fan of the Week contest! Until next time!
- How to Knit a Baby Blanket for Any Nursery - January 14, 2021
- For the Lazy Knitters: 25 Simple Knitting Patterns - January 13, 2021
- Free Pattern: Knit Throw Pattern from Yarnspirations - January 12, 2021