I am sure you have heard of crochet amigurumi patterns before (the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals). The word amigurumi is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll. We have so many cute crochet amigurumi patterns to choose from; see them all right here!
But, have you heard of Amamani? Similar to amigurumi, amamani means Amigurumi Amish Puzzle Animals. They are crocheted amigurumi animals based on the traditional Amish Puzzle Ball. Puzzle balls are typically made out of fabric, and have been around for quite some time. They consist of 12 pieces that are assembled in such as way that forms a ball. They are a type of puzzle, so you can take them apart and put them back together! They are fun toys for both children and adults to play with.
Stay tuned to the Stitch & Unwind blog for a guest post by Dedri Uys from Look At What I Made. She is the mastermind behind the following crochet amamani patterns! Check them out below and be sure to leave a comment at the end with your thoughts about crochet amamani!
Amamani: Crochet Puzzle Ball Patterns
- Flower Ball Puzzle Pattern
- Kiwi Bird Amamani Puzzle
- Olive the Octopus Amamani Puzzle
- Peculiar Pumpkin Puzzle
- Crochet Amish Puzzle Ball Pattern – most popular!
Other Fun Puzzle-Inspired Crochet Patterns
- Crossword Puzzle Throw – great for those that love crossword puzzles!
- Old Maid’s Puzzle
- Puzzled Triangles Afghan
Amamani: Love it or Hate it? Comment and let us know!
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 17, 2021
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 6, 2021
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 5, 2021