I know I talk about my life as a mom a lot (or at least it seems that way), but I just can’t help it. I always knew I wanted to be a mom and maybe it’s because I came from a big family and I’m an aunt to nine kids. I’ve been surrounded by perfect kids to kids with a sassy attitude, but I love them all; and now my little girl is starting to get an attitude. Sadly, she isn’t even one yet, but she will be this summer. I can’t believe how quickly time passes; you hear it all the time, but I guess you don’t understand it until you join “the parenthood club”. Since having my daughter I’ve crocheted quite an assortment of items, but I’ve noticed I haven’t picked up my crochet hook in quite some time. What am I waiting for? Time. I’m always trying to find time, which I guess isn’t a very good excuse. With summer here and the fall season not far behind, I should really start on those cute baby crochet patterns. Luckily, I haven’t quite gotten that baby itch yet, but when it does come, I’ll be ready with these patterns instead of wandering the net for hours at a time.
Do you search endlessly for all those mommy bloggers so you can relate or find things to crochet for your little one? Or maybe you haven’t even joined “the parenthood club” yet, but you have the baby itch. We’ve realized what some of the more popular baby crochet patterns are on AllFreeCrochet and we couldn’t agree more. With the scorching hot temperatures it’s not a surprise that our readers are looking for baby sandals. Whether babies can walk, run or just roll around, they need something on their little feet. And of course all the parents and grandparents are looking ahead at the fall season, so again it’s no surprise that sweaters and cardigans are popular searches. We’ve picked out a few reader favorites to share with you, so before the summer ends and the fall arrives, grab your hook and favorite baby colors and have at it!
Popular Baby Crochet Patterns
- Easy Breezy Baby Sweater – This baby sweater is not only super cute, but it is super popular with our readers, and we can see why! Baby crochet patterns like this are perfect for spring and summer.
- Baby in Bloom Sweater – Broomstick lace gives this sweater a unique look, and the crochet instructions are provided for newborns to 12 months, which makes this a great pattern to crochet for baby.
- Crochet Baby Cardigan – Two to three skeins of yarn is all that’s needed for this crochet design. Your little one is sure to keep nice and toasty with this hooded cardigan. Bernat Baby Boucle is uber soft, too!
- Devon Striped Baby Sweater – Green sheen and soft sunshine crochet colors are used to work up this baby sweater, but you can use any colors you wish. Different sizes are provided up to 24 months.
- Sunday Morning Baby Set – This was recently added to the site and we know our readers will love it. It’s a nice outfit for your little one to wear to church or for the holidays.
- 10-Minute Baby Sandals – All you need is a quick 10 minutes of your time to work up these adorable baby sandals. These booties are perfect for tiny tots because they don’t wrap around their toes at all.
- Easy Baby Sandals – Two video tutorials (right and left handed) are provided to help you out with these crocheted baby sandals. Even if your baby isn’t mobile yet, she’ll be amazed at what’s on her feet.
- Baby Boat Booties – If you’re looking for booties with a little more coverage then you and your little one will love these boat booties. They’re easy to work up and very stylish. He can walk around flaunting his new chic look.
Do you know someone expecting? Which of these patterns might they like?
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 17, 2021
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 6, 2021
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 5, 2021