Even though it seems just like yesterday that summer started, sadly, all good things must come to an end. That means it’s time to prepare for one of the busiest seasons of all: back to school season! I know you’ve been frantically buying new notebooks, textbooks, pens — and maybe even a new laptop– but what about handmade goodies? What about all those back to school ideas that come straight from your knitting needles? If you weren’t planning on knitting anything for the back to school season this year, this selection of free knitting patterns is bound to change your mind. Whether you’re looking for something to give the teacher on the first day of class or if you’re hoping to find something your little one can enjoy while studying each day, this grouping of knits has it all. The best part, is that each one is also a cinch to make. So break out the scraps from your stash and start casting on some great patterns for back to school.
1. Stuffed Apple Pincushion: In my opinion, this is a back-to-school staple. What better way for a teacher to store his or her pins than in this deliciously plump knit apple. Even if it’s not used for pin storage, this stuffed apple toy will look perfect placed at the front of Teacher’s desk.
2. Back to School Cardigan: Make sure your little girl is all ready for her first day at school by knitting her very own Back to School Cardigan. Created with simple knit and purl stitches, this cozy cardigan is just what your little one needs for her first big day.
3. Knit Pencil Case: Who needs plastic pencil cases when you can knit your own carrier that’s shaped like a pencil. You won’t regret making this super-cute design.
4. Lace Waves Bookmark: Spice up your bookmark collection with this lacy design that’s great for stashbusting!
Which pattern for back to school is your favorite?
- Slip Into These: How to Knit Slippers for the Holidays - November 28, 2022
- Free Pattern Friday: Knit Shawl Pattern from Yarnspirations - November 25, 2022
- 8 Knitting Projects for Thanksgiving - November 17, 2022