Baseball season has officially begun! The first pitch has been thrown, we’ve already almost seen the perfect game and the smell of hot dogs has filled the stadiums. Every spring season we get so excited to see our teams back out on the field hoping to see a bunch of home runs. Surprisingly, I don’t know much about the game. It still boggles my mind since my husband is such a huge sports fanatic. Personally, I’d rather be crocheting in my seat than paying attention to the game (I’m sure some of you secretly agree with me). And if you’re from Illinois, I’m sure you’re familiar with the rivalry of North side versus South side, Cubs versus Sox. I laugh whenever someone gets upset because both teams are from Chicago! However, I grew up to be a Cubs fan.
Because I anticipate a fun baseball season, or maybe I’m just excited it’s finally spring, I’ve put together this fun round up of crochet patterns.
- Amigurumi Bear & Pot of Honey – Any little child would love to get this as a gift. The pot from the honey comes off so it can be filled with little goodies.
- Baby Bear Hat & Croc Sandals – This hat (as seen above) is so easy to make and will look adorable on your little one. The blue color is perfect for the cubbie fans!
- Baby’s First Teddy Bear – Every baby needs a blankie and this teddy bear is just the perfect pattern. Learn how to crochet a blanket and then make this one!
- Beary Huggable Pillow – This little cub is just waiting for the biggest hug ever! You’ll fall in love with his adorable smushy face.
- Beary EasyBear Face Applique – Done in prime North side colors, this would be the perfect applique once added to a crochet hat pattern to wear to every Cubs game.
- Fuzzy Bear Hat – I have personally made many of these crocheted hats. They work up quickly and they’re super easy to make. The bear ears make it a fun character hat.
- Bear Crochet Phone Cozy – Work up a phone cozy like this and it’ll be a hit out of the park! Get it? You can really get creative with this crochet design.
- Baby & Toddler Socks – Make your kids these simple crocheted socks. They’re easy to make and you can customize them with their favorite colors.
- Basic Crocheted Socks – Lion Brand wool yarn is used for this pattern, which is great for keeping your feet warm during the early season games.
- Bulky Winter Socks – Cozy up to the fireplace with the warmth of these socks. Live in a cold climate? You’ll love these!
- Chunky Knee High Socks – If you get chilly like I do, you’ll love having these knee highs. They’re tall enough to peek out of your winter boots, which is the style.
- Father’s Day Crocheted Socks – Looking for a gift for that special man in your life? He’ll love these. The two tone color will be fun for him.
- Frilly Beaded Socks – Take a plain pair of socks and add some attitude to them. The lacy ruffles will make her want to dance all day long.
- Pineapple Socks – These aren’t your ordinary tube socks, yet a fun crochet design any woman young or old would love to have.
Let the rivalry begin! Are you a Cubs fan or a Sox fan? Leave a comment below and let us know. If you don’t follow baseball then do you like the cubbie crochet patterns better or the socks patterns?
- 17 Easy Crochet Patterns for Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts - January 26, 2021
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 17, 2021
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 6, 2021