When it comes to choosing a crochet baby blanket pattern, there are so many different styles and designs to choose from. Do you make a solid color crochet afghan, or one with stripes? Granny square crochet afghans are also a popular choice, as well as polka dots, floral blankets, and pastel color palettes. Find some of our most popular crochet baby blanket patterns right here.
Recently, lovey blankets have grown in popularity, as well. These particular baby blankets have a little stuffed animal attached to them, which babies like because these blankets double as both a cuddly blanket, as well as a soft toy to play with. Find our favorite free crochet lovey patterns below:
Lovey Crochet Baby Blankets:
- Rainbow Sunshine Lovey Blanket: The bright colors of this crochet baby blanket pattern are sure to brighten up any room of your house, especially the nursery. The cute smiling sunshine will keep your baby company as he/she drifts off to sleep.
- Bear Lovey Blanket: A simple crocheted edge added to this standard fleece blanket makes this a quick and easy crochet pattern to work up. The cute crocheted teddy bear adds the perfect finishing touch and turns this simple baby blanket into a crocheted lovey blanket for your baby.
- Snuggly Owl Lovey Blanket: The sleepy owl on this crochet baby blanket is perfect for snuggle time with your little one. Worsted weight yarn (in any color combination) and a little bit of stuffing is needed to work up this easy crochet baby blanket.
- Handmade Owl Lovey Blanket: Owls are a fairly gender-neutral animal, which is part of the reason they are so popular for baby crochet patterns. This is another cute crochet owl pattern that both boys and girls will surely love. The granny stitch is used to crochet the baby blanket and the puff stitch is used for the crochet border.
- Monster Fleece Crocheted Blankets: This particular crochet baby blanket is probably best for little boys. These silly looking monsters aren’t scary at all and they’re surprisingly simple to crochet. Simply find the perfect piece of fleece to use for the body, and use worsted weight yarn to work up the head, arms and legs.
- Puppy Dog Lovey Blanket: Puppies always bring a smile to anyone’s face, and this crocheted puppy is no different. Find a Fido-themed fleece and use yarn to work up the paws and face. This is a quick and easy crochet pattern that would make an excellent baby shower gift for a new mom, especially if she loves dogs!
- Comforting Bunny Lovey: This adorable crochet afghan pattern from our friends at Red Heart is impossible to resist. It’s a baby-sized blanket that is just the right size for little ones to carry along with them anywhere they go. Just a few skeins of worsted weight yarn are needed to complete this baby blanket pattern.
PLUS: Enter to win two crochet pattern books by designer Kristi Simpson. One lucky winner will win an exclusive autographed copy of Sweet and Simple Baby Crochet, and Mommy & Me Crocheted Hats. Both of these crochet pattern books include an adorable assortment of crochet pattern to make for both boys and girls. Skill levels range from beginner to intermediate, so there’s a pattern for everyone. The deadline to enter is May 28th, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Enter for your chance to win right now!