February marks the beginning of American Heart Month, and we can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with daily giveaways. Beginning today, we are giving away one copy of Crochet Red each day until February 14, 2014, along with a yarn bouquet that corresponds with a project from within the book.
Crochet Red is the third book in the successful Stitch Red series. First there was Sew Red and then Knit Red. Now, it’s finally time for crocheters to join the fight against women’s heart disease. Crochet Red features a collection of gorgeous crochet patterns designed by a variety of talented designers including Edie Eckman, Robyn Chachula, Kristin Omdahl, Linda Permann, Melissa Leapman, and more. Read the full review of Crochet Red here, and scroll down to enter today’s giveaway!
Sweater with Cowl
Today’s featured project is the Sweater with Cowl designed by Marly Bird from Crochet Red: Crocheting for Women’s Heart Health by Laura Zander, published by Sixth&Spring Books, sixthandspringbooks.com. This is a light and lacy layering piece that’s great for all seasons. It features three-quarter sleeves and an attached cowl.
Model Photography by Rose Callahan and Still Photography by Marcus Tullis and pattern instructions copyright © 2013 by Sixth&Spring Books/Soho Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
Enter to Win Today’s Prize:
Up for grabs today is the Bijou Spun Sport Weight and Bijou Spun Seraphim yarn used to crochet the Sweater with Cowl above. You’ll also receive a free copy of Crochet Red. To win, simply leave a comment below that answers the following question:
What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day gift: Flowers, Candy, or Yarn?
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post.
- Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post below.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog tomorrow as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until February 12, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
- 17 Easy Crochet Patterns for Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts - January 25, 2023
- Free Pattern: Knit Beanie Pattern from Red Heart - January 24, 2023
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 13, 2023