Congratulations, Donna! And thank you to everyone who participated! Although our giveaway is over, the free pattern is still available! Feel check out the free pattern below if you haven’t already seen it!
We’re into our fifth day of our week-long I Love Yarn Day celebration! Each day this week we’ll unveil a new pattern and prize from amazing companies like Red Heart, Lion Brand, and Spin Rite, ending with a grand prize giveaway! Come celebrate your love of yarn with us this week with free patterns and awesome prizes.
Be sure to check back in throughout the week to get even more patterns and participate in more wonderful contests!
Today we’re offering the Pumpkin Lace Scarf from Lion Brand. Check out the pattern below, plus enter for your chance to win six skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in your choice of colors in today’s giveaway!
Today’s Pattern: Pumpkin Lace Scarf
Looking to spice up your fall look? A scarf is just what you need to add a pop of color to an otherwise drab day. And we’ve got the perfect way to accessorize for fall right here: The Pumpkin Lace Scarf. This crochet scarf pattern has a few special stitches, which help to create its lacy appearance. In a rich autumn tone like pumpkin, this scarf will instantly brighten up your outfit and keep you warm.
But wait there’s even more! Crochet the scarf along with Marie Segares in our Google+ Hangout! She will be demonstrating the special stitches used to make this scarf while making one with you! It begins 11am CST so don’t miss out!
Skill level: Intermediate
Size: One size, about 8 1/2 x 60 in. (21.5 x 152.5 cm)
- 640-133 Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn: Pumpkin 2 Balls
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook – Size N-13 (9 mm)
- Lion Brand Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
Gauge: 9 sts = 4 in. (10 cm) in pattern.
- dc2tog-over-3 (dc 2 together worked over 3 sts): Yarn over, insert hook in next st and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops (2 loops on hook), skip next st, yarn over, insert hook in next st and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook – 2 sts decreased.
- dc3tog-over-5 (dc 3 together worked over 5 sts): Yarn over, insert hook in next st and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops (2 loops on hook), *skip next st, yarn over, insert hook in next st and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops; rep from * once more, yarn over and draw through all 4 loops on hook – 4 sts decreased.
- Scarf is worked in alternating rows of sc and rows of a lace pattern.
- In lace rows, the dc3tog-over-5 (4 sts decreased) is paired with a (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc) (4 sts increased), and the dc2tog-over-3 (2 sts decreased) is paired with a ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), dc (2 sts increased). This means the stitch count will remain the same
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across – 19 sts.
Row 2 (lace row): Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), turn, dc in first sc, ch 1, sk next sc, dc in next sc, ch 1, sk next sc, dc3tog-over-5, ch 1, sk next sc, dc in next sc, ch 1, sk next sc, (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc) in next sc, ch 1, sk next sc, dc in next sc, ch 1, sk next sc, dc2tog-over-3 – 10 dc and 9 ch-1 sps at the end of this row.
Row 3: Ch 1, turn, sc in first st, (sc in next ch-1 sp, sc in next st) 8 times, sc in turning ch-sp, sc in 3rd ch of turning ch – 19 sts at the end of this row.
Rep Rows 2 and 3 until almost all yarn has been used, end with a Row 3.
Weave in ends.
Today’s Prize: Lion Brand Yarn
Prize consists of:
- Six skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in their choice of color.
How to Enter
To win this stellar giveaway, just answer the question below by commenting!
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES:
There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post.
Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post below.
Winner will be announced here on the blog, as well as contacted by the address provided.
You have until October 9, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
What’s your favorite type of yarn?
- Free Pattern: Irish Lace Afghan from Yarnspirations - February 14, 2020
- 19 Jaw Dropping Crochet Afghans - January 16, 2020
- 11+ Valentine’s Day Crochet Ideas to Fall in Love With - January 14, 2020