September 15th marks National Make a Hat Day! In honor of this fantastic day, we’re bringing you 25 different free patterns to celebrate. Scroll down for our very latest crochet hat patterns AND knit hat patterns to make, beginning with these two newborn hats:
These two red newborn hats were designed specifically for AllFreeCrochet’s current baby hat charity drive. From September 1 through September 30, 2014, AllFreeCrochet is collecting RED crochet and RED knit baby hats. AllFreeCrochet is working with the American Heart Association on their initiative, Little Hats, Big Hearts to help raise awareness of heart disease.
Scroll down for even more hat patterns (both knit and crochet) to make today!
Free Crochet Hat Patterns:
- The Most Elegant Crochet Beret
- Houndstooth Stripes Beanie
- 1920s Cloche Hat vintage inspired!
- Friendly Skies Hat for Anyone
- Baby Frog Crochet Hat
- Lickity Split Slouchy Beanie
- Marshmallow Stripes Beanie
- Baby’s Winter Stocking Cap
- Autumn Dew Beanie Hat
- Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear Hood
- Super Cute Side Bow Beanie
- Mini Top Hat great photo prop for babies!
Free Knit Hat Patterns:
- Ombre Raining Color Hat
- Chestnut Heirloom Hat
- Comfy Cotton Candy Cap
- Create Some Charm Hat
- Quick Malabrigo Beanie
- Super Simple Knit Bow Hat
- My First Knit Hat
- Arctic Sunset Cable Hat
- Peaks and Valleys Hat
- Aurora Borealis Beret
- Lazy Susan Beanie
Tell Us: How are you celebrating Make a Hat Day?
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 17, 2021
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 6, 2021
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 5, 2021