Regardless of what year you were born or how much money you grew up with, you most likely have joined the rest of the world in owning a cell phone. Everywhere you look you see people talking or texting their life away. We have become so dependent on our cell phones as a way of communicating and keeping in touch with others, but has it become too much for us to handle? There are people out there who check their phones every five minutes to see if someone texted them or called them, while others check their email. It’s an addiction that doesn’t offer rehab. It’s sad that we have warnings now about driving and texting, much like drinking and driving. I also know a few people who crochet while driving, but that’s a different story; we’re here to talk to you about Cell Phone Courtesy Month, during the month of July.
Cell Phone Courtesy Month is to remind people and to encourage those cell phone users to be polite and aware of their surroundings when talking on the phone. Not everyone wants to listen to your conversation, as much as they might try to avoid it. If you’re out in public having a private conversation you never know who might be listening and gaining important information you might not want them to have. And going back to the whole texting while driving thing, STOP DOING IT. It is unbelievably dangerous when you’re not paying attention to the road; not only do you put yourself in danger, but you put others in danger, as well.
A few etiquette tips to keep in mind:
- Speak in your normal voice while on the phone; there’s no need to yell.
- Turn your phone on vibrate during work meetings, dates, sporting events or your child’s school activities.
- Don’t text and drive…EVER.
- Crochet some neat cell phone covers.
With Cell Phone Courtesy Month, we thought we’d provide some super cute cell phone covers for you to work up.
- Blackberry or iPhone Purse – Easily find your phone with the handle on this purse.
- Cell Phone Cover – You can still see the front of your phone with this cover.
- Galaxy Phone Case – Protect your phone from getting damaged with complete coverage.
- Bear Phone Cozy – Even young kids have phones these days; make sure they look cute!
- Ruffle Cell Phone Holder – If your wardrobe is full of ruffles you’ll love this phone holder.
- Cell Phone Pouch – Attach a carabiner to the pouch and hook it to your bag; you’ll never lose your phone, again.
Have you ever been annoyed by someone talking on their cell phone?