Crocheting for charity is a great way to put your talents to good use. Project Linus is a nationwide organization whose goal is to comfort children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need. Just like Charles Schulz’s Linus character from the PEANUTS® comic strip was comforted by his blanket, the idea behind Project Linus is that children who receive donated blankets will be provided with love, a sense of security, warmth, and comfort.
The afghan drive will run from June 1, 2012-July 15, 2012. Once you have completed your blanket, please ship it to us at the address below. We will then hand-deliver your blankets to the Chicagoland chapter of Project Linus. Before doing so, however, we will randomly select one (1) winner to be the recipient of Red Heart Yarns prize package! The details of the prize will be revealed at a later date, but we can promise you that it will be a prize package worth winning!
Enter to win this amazing prize package from Red Heart Yarn by donating a blanket to AllFreeCrochetAfghan’s Charity Blanket Drive!
Included in this prize package is:
- One (1) large red and black canvas tote bag with the Red Heart Yarn logo.
- Ten (10) skeins of Red Heart Plush Baby yarn in Kiwi, along with one corresponding crochet baby blanket pattern
- One (1) package of Susan Bates plastic yarn needles
- One (1) Susan Bates aluminum crochet hook (size I-9)
- Six (6) crochet magazines and brochures (including Crochet Today!) full of free tutorials and color photos
Enter to win this amazing gift, compliments of Red Heart Yarn, by making a blanket for Project Linus! Once your blanket is completed, simply send it to us and we will take care of the rest!
When making your blanket (knit, crochet, or otherwise), please keep in mind these important guidelines:
- Keep fabric designs age appropriate. For example, yellow ducks would be perfect for a baby blanket while a college sports theme design would be welcomed by an older child.
- The blankets must be washable and can be knitted, crocheted, quilted or crafted from fleece.
- There is always a need for large and unisex blankets. Please consider making a blanket that is appropriate for a girl or a boy.
- Mended Little Heart (Receiving Blankets) -36″ x 36″
- Baby/Toddler-36″ X 36″/36″x43″
- Preteen-40″ X 60″
- Teen-50″ X 72″
Please ship your completed blankets to:
Charity Blanket Drive
3400 Dundee Rd #220
Northbrook, IL 60062
Please help spread the word about this amazing opportunity to craft a homemade blanket for a great cause.
Will you be making a blanket for our Charity Blanket Drive?
If so, leave a comment below and tell us about it!
- Our Favorite Crochet Bag Patterns - February 19, 2020
- 17 Easy Crochet Patterns for Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts - January 21, 2020
- Free Pattern: Crochet Wrap Pattern from Red Heart! - January 17, 2020