The winter ushers in a sea of white and blue (and brown; all that bare bark and mud-stained snow). Now, I’m a fan of winter. The peacefulness of a fresh coat of snow, the frost creating exquisite mosaics on your windows, the fun activities, the list goes on and on.
The only thing that bothers me about winter, beyond when it chooses to extend itself into other months (Really winter, it’s just plain rude), is the darkness. When I get home at 5:30pm, it’s already pitch black out. While I’m grateful for that extra hour of sleep, I miss being able to come home from work and feel as though you had a bit more left in your day.
I know I am not the only one. When I get a case of the winter blues, there are a few things I do to turn my frown upside down. Watching a funny movie, wearing bright colors, or cooking a favorite meal are all things that can help me keep the winter blues at bay. I’ll also break out a few bright, bold, and colorful crochet afghan patterns!
Throwing them along the end of my bed, on the arm of my couch or a chair add little splashes of color, which immediately put a smile on my face (funny how something so simple can bring out a smile, right?). So as we prepare for the cold and snow, don’t forget to also prepare for the winter blues, too! Check out some of my favorite colorful patterns below!
Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Color Burst Crochet Afghan
- Neat Ripple Afghan
- Over the Rainbow Crochet Afghan
- Rainbow Bright Stripe Throw
- Moroccan Tile Rainbowghan
- The Most Beautiful Crochet Granny Square Ever
- Granny’s Treasure Throw
- Rainbow Crochet Granny Square Blanket
- Twilight Shells Throw
- The Vintage Crochet Groovy-ghan
- Dhurrie Inspired Crochet Throw
- Hooked on Color Afghan
- Firenze Crochet Granny Square
- Stunning Mandala Square
- Color Wheel Crochet Granny Squares
- Cyanne Coverlet
Colorful Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Magic Rainbow Crochet Baby Blanket
- Technicolor Cable Crochet Baby Blanket
- Magical Baby Blanket
- Amazing Grace Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Ribbons Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Rainbow Basket Weave Baby Blanket
What’s a silly or fun thing you do to turn your mood around?