It’s with me when I scrape ice off the windshield of my car. It spends time with me on the couch after a long day at work. It even goes with me during long shopping trips to outdoor malls. If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m talking about my cozy knit sweater! No matter how cold the weather, a dense wool sweater is just the thing to block out the wind and keep in body warmth. If you’ve never tackled a sweater before, don’t be scared. With some time and patience, anyone can make one! To help get you started, I’ve collected a few of my favorite sweater patterns that are ideal for colder weather.
So grab those needles and get ready to knit up the perfect companion for wind, rain and snow!
1. Amused Pullover by Jordanna Page for Knitty.com: Throw on this plum-colored pullover for an added layer of warmth this winter.
2. Pink Geode Sweater by The Fiber Republic: Rock lovers rejoice! This creative sweater is made just for you. Complete with ruffled sleeves and an oversized cowl collar, this two-toned gem of a pattern will be treasured for years to come.
3. Effortless Hoodie by Chris Knits in Niagara: Every time you put on this cozy hoodie, you’ll feel safe and sound. Made for elegant lounging, you won’t regret making this pattern a part of your everyday winter wear.
4. Lace Panel Sweater By Delicious Stitches: Dress up your winter wardrobe with this feminine pattern that features attractive lace panels. Bring out your inner girly girl!
5. Cozy Weekend Sweater by Chris Knits in Niagara: Ideal for a lazy Sunday afternoon, this Cozy Weekend Sweater is sure to keep you warm and toasty no matter if you’re inside by the fire or outdoors walking in the snow.
Tell us: Do you have any sweater knitting tips?
- Slip Into These: How to Knit Slippers for the Holidays - November 28, 2022
- Free Pattern Friday: Knit Shawl Pattern from Yarnspirations - November 25, 2022
- 8 Knitting Projects for Thanksgiving - November 17, 2022