I’m going to let you in on a little secret….I’m a little bit of a travel nut. By a little, I mean completely obsessed to the point that it’s borderline unhealthy (kind of like my love for crochet). I’ve been fortunate enough to travel quite a bit in the past, but it’s been a few years since I’ve been able to step off a plane, train, or boat and been some place completely new. Lately, travel has been at the forefront of my mind. After hearing of the stories from a few of my friends and family member’s vacations, I’m truly missing that feeling of excitement and anxiety that comes with exploring a new city and country.
Seeing as I won’t be able to leave the country anytime soon (I just spent my travel budget on furnishing my new apartment), I’ve turned to my other obsession for a little help. Thankfully, starting a new pattern is almost exciting as visiting a new city. And just because I can’t hop on a plane and jet off somewhere new doesn’t mean I can’t bring a little bit of the world into my home. I’ve rounded up a few patterns inspired from places all over the globe. From Europe to Africa, I found plenty of beautiful ways to crochet around the world without leaving my beautiful new sofa.
So let’s take a little trip. Grab your hooks and yarn, and prepare to add a little global style to your home. Happy travels!
- Swedish Embroidery Afghan
- Dhurrie Inspired Crochet Throw
- African Flower Hexagon
- Peruvian Afghan
- American Rose Afghan
- Scandinavian Snowflake Crochet Blanket
- Japanese Lily Afghan
- French Country Throw
- Mexican Nap Time Afghan
- Around the World Tunisian Throw
- Chinese Screen Afghan
- Moroccan Tile Afghan and Pillow
- Irish Lace
- Highlander Home Afghan
- Swedish Countryside Afghan
- French Country Round Ripple
Which style do you want to create?
- Secrets to Being a Better Crocheter: 17 Crochet Tips and Tricks - February 23, 2021
- Free Pattern: Irish Lace Afghan from Yarnspirations - February 9, 2021
- 11+ Valentine’s Day Crochet Ideas to Fall in Love With - January 31, 2021