For some reason I’m way ahead of the game and I keep telling myself that it’s mid August already. Surely I’ll have some kind of rude wakeup call and be completely thrown off; I just have too many exciting things to look forward to in the next few months. Of course half of that excitement is trying to work in some crochet patterns – many of which will be bulky yarn patterns. I try to crochet some handmade gifts each year for the holidays, so why not get started now? I know I know, a lot of you are already done with those gifts, but I still have some time. Bulky yarn crochet patterns are easily my most favorite to work up because they work up so quickly. Using such a thick yarn allows me to use a larger hook size, which then leads to a quickly finished project. Whether you’re working on gifts for the holiday season, winter crochet patterns or simply have a ton of bulky weight yarn lying around the house we have crochet designs for you!
Crochet Patterns to Make with Bulky Weight Yarn:
Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Bulky Crochet Infinity Scarf Pattern – Add some mid-winter flair to your outdoor wardrobe this season. This is a quick crochet pattern.
- Cherries in Bloom Infinity Scarf – Make one for a friend or keep it for yourself; this great crochet design was inspired by a cherry blossom tree.
Crochet Cowls and Wraps
- Bulky Striped Cowl – This is a stylish fall accessory that will be your new go-to. The dual color really adds the perfect element.
- Cilantro Crochet Cowl – The puff stitch is used to work up this crochet cowl, giving it that nice texture you’ll want to wear all season.
- Verdant Crochet Cowl – This looks like one of the most comfortable crochet cowls of all time; I would snuggle in this all winter long.
- Bulky Stacked Shell Shrug – Become a fashionista with this versatile shrug. Wear it as a cowl, a hooded cowl or around your shoulders as a shrug.
- Night and Day Wrap – This is an easy crochet pattern you can work up in time for the holidays. Make one for each family member and yourself.
- District 12 Cowl Wrap – This unique design was inspired by the hot movie trilogy “The Hunger Games”. Get on the trendy track.
Crochet Hats and Mittens
- Slouchy Green Beanie – This crochet hat pattern can easily be adjusted to fit just about any size. Accessorize your outfit in style.
- Cuddly Newborn Crochet Hat – The bow included on this hat is the perfect finishing touch; she’ll look great in her holiday photo shoot.
- Mommy’s Marvelous Mittens -This pattern will become a fast favorite. Bulky weight yarn is used to keep your hands toasty in the snow.
More Bulky Yarn Crochet Patterns
- Chunky Knee High Socks – These will take just a few hours to work up and will last a lifetime. These would make great stocking stuffers.
- Heavenly Crochet Baby Blanket – The soft pastel color palette is calming and relaxing for your little one; she’ll fall asleep in no time.
- Stylish Wine Carrier – This is the perfect holiday gift, hostess gift or house warming gift to give to a friend or family member.
Have you started your holiday crafting? Do you mainly use bulky weight yarn for your crochet patterns?