I have a confession to make: I’ve always wanted to emulate the style of Kate Middleton. The only problem is I don’t have the budget to buy the gorgeous tiara she wore on her wedding day! What’s a fan of the British royal family to do? Pick up a crochet hook and work on crochet patterns royalty would love, of course.
Even though they are members of the British royal family, Kate Middleton, Camilla, and even the Queen Elizabeth don’t wear a crown every day. When they’re not giving public speeches or attending formal events, they gravitate to more casual styles that often include handmade items. Don’t be mistaken, though. These ladies bring the glam to special events. From delicate shrugs to pretty clutches, no formal occasion is complete without gorgeous accessories.
That’s where these royal crochet patterns will come into play. Whether they are copycat designs of those worn by royalty or are simply inspired by the royals’ looks, you’ll love creating these crochet designs. Many of these crochet patterns are also timeless and elegant. For example, shawls, cardigans, and other oversized outerwear are all part of Kate Middleton’s outfits when she’s out-and-about and while spending time with her two children. The Duchess of Cambridge adds a crochet shawl to almost any outfit and looks polished and put-together while running errands.
Let’s look to the other members of the British royal family for crochet design inspiration, too. Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, has a casual and outdoorsy aesthetic. In her downtime, she will complement an outfit with accessories that appear handmade. Even the Queen of England has been known to wear vests and sweaters, especially when she’s spending her summer at Balmoral Castle.
When writing about any royal family, you can’t exclude purple crochet patterns. Long associated with power, wealth, and prestige, purple is the perfect way to add a regal look to a crochet pattern. Use yarn in your favorite shade of purple, or create a unique look with variegated yarn.
Check out these gorgeous crochet patterns royalty would love on AllFreeCrochet. Even though you can’t get a tiara, you can add a regal touch to your own everyday style!
Crochet Designs Inspired By The British Royal Family
You will love making these copycat crochet patterns and items inspired by Queen Elizabeth, Camilla, and Kate!
- Kate Middleton Cloche Hat — This crochet pattern looks like something Kate would wear!
- Swanky Crochet Kaftan — Wear this for your next night out
- Crochet Sweater Blanket — Dress up any ensemble with this beautiful sweater
- Duchess of Cambridge Crochet Shawl — Here is an elegant take on the traditional prayer shawl design
- Glam Girl Shrug — Add some sparkle to any outfit with this gorgeous shrug
- A Crochet Clutch Purse — Keep your essential items in this perfect accessory
- New Year’s Eve Silver Crochet Shawl — Wear this cute item over your favorite little black dress
- Easy V-Stitch Cocoon Shrug — You’ll look great while running errands in this cute shrug
- Rustic Fringe Infinity Scarf — Rustic never looked so chic!
- Misty Morn Crochet Scarf — Here is an elegant way to wear a scarf
Royal As Can Be Purple Crochet Patterns
- Butterfly Fling Crochet Shawl — Spring or summer outfits will look great with this shawl
- Glamorous Pearl Center Flowers — Include a bit of purple to any outfit with these easy-to-make flowers
- Purple Convertible Cowl — Can be worn as a hood!
- Purple Sport Shawl — Use the shell stitch to make this elegant little number
- Cosmos Scarf — Ethereal and stylish. What a great combination!
Who inspires your crochet designs?
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Scarf Pattern from Yarnspirations - December 3, 2021
- Crochet Beanie Pattern Collection for Winter - December 1, 2021
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree: 16 Tabletop Christmas Trees to Crochet and Knit - November 27, 2021