I’m the type of person who waits to bust out the heavy winter coat until the cold frost has set on the grass—probably because I’m in denial at having to suffer through a frigid winter season. Instead, I layer up as much as possible with sweaters and lighter jackets, with socks, boots and scarves. Usually I just grab a chunky infinity scarf, but this fall I’m going to a different route to keep warm: super scarves. I’ve already purchased quite a few skeins of bulky and super bulky yarn, and I can’t wait to get started and make myself some new fall and winter crochet accessories.
Have you jumped on board the #SuperScarf trend yet? Super scarves are basically just regular scarves but on a much bigger scale: they’re much longer and much wider (and much more cozy!). Super scarves are made with warmth and comfort in mind, and, because they can be styled so many ways, there’s no shortage of occasions to wear them. Wear them looped around your neck as a basic, chunky scarf, or drape them more generously across your shoulders for a cozy scarf-wrap. And because super scarf patterns come in all different difficulties, styles and colors palettes, you’re bound to find one (or two…or three) super scarf patterns you’ll want to wear again and again. And to help you find that perfect pattern to work up your very own super scarf, we at AllFreeCrochet, along with our friends at AllFreeKnitting, I Like Crochet and I LikeKnitting, have some of our favorite FREE super scarf patterns, just for you. Pick your favorite and get cozy!
10 Crochet Super Scarves
- Galactic Grape Super Scarf – So plush and so cozy!
- Heathered Waves Super Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Unforgettable Shells Super Scarf
- Shades of Fall Tartan Super Scarf – Plaid and fringed: your ultimate fall scarf
- Down the Moonlit Path Super Scarf
- Oversized Grannies Super Scarf
- Cinnamon Sugar Super Scarf – The perfect gender-neutral super scarf
- Cocoa Clusters Super Scarf
- Neon Checkerboard Super Scarf
- Coastal Redwood Super Scarf – From our friends at I Like Crochet!
We also wanted to share some of our favorite knit super scarf patterns from our friends at AllFreeKnitting and I Like Knitting.