Some of the things I like best about a crochet pattern are the small details. Yes, a specific crochet stitch can really add character to the pattern, but the embellishments are really what speak to me. I think embellishments not only add character, but they add style, too. Take for example, buttons. Buttons on crochet patterns liven up the design and give it a bit of sparkle or flair. The patterns listed below are “cute as a button” and will make you want to add buttons to just about every project you own.
Cute as a Button
1. Plum Button Scarf: Since it’s easy to customize, you can use you favorite colors and have it both the size and color you want.
2. Button Flap Beanie: This size is for a preemie, but there’s another pattern for a newborn.
3. Baby Button Headband: Add a button that works with the size of yarn and hook you are using so you have an easy way to clasp it.
4. Button Cuff Slippers: Use them during the winter when your toes need that extra warmth!
5. Chunky Button Bag: Plymouth Yarns Fantasy Naturale yarn is worked in single crochet stitches and the mesh stitch.
6. Brown Button Leg Warmers: Add this winter wearable pattern to your list of projects to make this season.
7. Cute as a Button Baby Bib: This is easy to make, and it’s also very practical.
8. Button Strap Slippers: The cute rounded toe makes these crocheted slippers look like a pair of Mary Jane shoes and the button strap adds a cute finishing touch.
9. Shell Button Ear Warmer: Since it’s easy to customize, you can use you favorite colors and have it both the size and color you want.
10. Turquoise Slouchie Beanie with Buttons: It’s an easy crochet pattern from Vickie Howell that is worked in single crochet and double crochet.
What crochet patterns do you like adding buttons to?