Party season is upon us… from all the summer babies, to birthday and graduation parties, and all the other countless reasons to have a summer BBQ. This year, spruce up your DIY party decorations with this quick-and-easy crochet bunting pattern. The color possibilities are endless, so you can whip one for each and every event. They take no time at all to make, and you’ll be surprised how much charm they add to any party. Make up one in festive birthday colors that you could pull out year after year, and it’ll become a great family tradition to pull out the handmade party decorations. Additionally, you could make this same pattern for any holiday, and your holiday mantels will never be prettier. If you have ‘tween in your life who wants to redecorate their room, this would be a sweet addition to the wall decor in any room, too!
Crochet Bunting Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
Bunting: Approx 10½” [26.5 cm] wide x 5¾” [14.5 cm] high, excluding ties.
Banner: Approx 88″ [223.5 cm] long. GAUGE: 13 single crochet (sc) and 14 rows = 4″ [10 cm].
Caron® Simply Soft® (6 oz/170.1 g; 315 yds/288 m)
- Contrast A Neon Yellow (9773) 1 ball
- Contrast B Soft Green (9739) 1 ball
- Contrast C Neon Coral (9772) 1 ball
- Contrast D Bone (9703) 1 ball
- Contrast E Pagoda (0014) 1 ball
Size U.S. H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
Approx = Approximately
Ch = Chain(s)
Rep = Repeat
Sc = Single crochet
Sp = Space(s)
St(s) = Stitch(es)
Banner: Make a total of 10 Buntings as follows:
- Make 2 with Color 1 as A, Color 2 as E and Color 3 as D.
- Make 2 with Color 1 as B, Color 2 as C and Color 3 as E.
- Make 2 with Color 1 as C, Color 2 as D and Color 3 as B.
- Make 2 with Color 1 as D, Color 2 as A and Color 3 as C.
- Make 2 with Color 1 as E, Color 2 as B and Color 3 as A.
Bunting: With Color 1, chain (ch) 2.
1st row: 3 single crochet (sc) in 2nd ch from hook. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. Ch 1. Skip next sc. 2 sc in last sc. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. Ch 1. Skip next sc. 1 sc in next chain-1 (ch-1) space (sp). Ch 1. Skip next sc. 2 sc in last sc. Turn.
4th row: Ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. * Ch 1. Skip next sc. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Repeat (rep) from * once more. Ch 1. Skip next sc. 2 sc in last sc. Turn.
5th row: Ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. * Ch 1. Skip next sc. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * twice more. Ch 1. Skip next sc. 2 sc in last sc. Turn.
6th row: Ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. * Ch 1. Skip next sc. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * 3 times more. Ch 1. Skip next sc. 2 sc in last sc. Turn.
7th row: Ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. * Ch 1. Skip next sc. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * to last 2 sc. Ch 1. Skip next sc. 2 sc in last sc. Turn. Rep last row until work from beginning measures 5½” [14 cm]. Fasten off.
1st row: With Color 2, chain (ch) 20. Working along top edge of Bunting, 1 sc in each sc or chain-space (ch-sp) across. Ch 20. Fasten off.
Wind Color 3 around 3 fingers fingers 60 times. Remove from fingers and tie tightly in center. Cut through each side of loops. Trim to a smooth round shape. Sew to Bunting point.
What is your next big celebration this year?
- Get Hooked On These Unique Crochet Patterns - August 1, 2020
- The Best Flower Garden: 25 Crochet Flower Patterns - July 24, 2020
- New Patterns on the Block: 18 Color Block Patterns - July 17, 2020