When I think of February 14, I think of Valentine’s Day cards, dinner at a favorite restaurant, boxes of chocolate, and long-stemmed roses (please tell me I’m not alone!). While those are all tried-and-true ways of celebrating the occasion, they’re also predictable. Dull. Ho-hum. You get the picture. I’m thinking of making a change this year by branching out and creating easy crochet patterns for last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts to create presents for everyone on my list.
While I could grab a present off the shelf at my nearby grocery store in time for the holiday, what’s the fun in that? With a little bit of time, some prep work, and a trip to my favorite yarn store, I can make something completely unique. What’s even better is these gifts can’t be found online or in a department store. At the risk of sounding corny, giving a handmade present is truly something from the heart.
If you’re ready to use your crochet hooks to spread the love and make something completely unique for your family and friends, then you’re in the right place. From heart appliques to beautiful red shawls, we have free crochet patterns for everyone on your list. Feeling a bit busy? Don’t worry. These projects won’t take long for you to create. What I love most about these crochet patterns is that they include cold weather gear. We even have an easy crochet pattern to make a snood that will keep your dog warm! There’s still a lot of winter left in many parts of the country. Wouldn’t you want your loved ones to feel warm inside and out?
What do you do if the person you’re making a gift for doesn’t like hearts or hates the color red? Don’t worry. We here at AllFreeCrochet have a ton of patterns that will make great gifts, are easy to make, and can be created in an afternoon or over your lunch break at work. Grab your hooks, some yarn, and get crocheting!
17 Crochet Patterns That Your Family and Friends Will Love
Crochet Accessories and Home Decor
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Hearts — These heart appliques can be attached to pins, clothing, you name it!
- Valentine’s Day Crochet Cozy — Dress up Mason jars with these cute cozies
- Felted Leaves and Rosebuds — Here’s a fun twist on the traditional bouquet of roses
- Eclipse of the Heart Coaster — Keep beverages from ruining grandma’s dining room table with this coaster pattern
- Pretty ‘Lil Heart — Add a special touch to a Valentine’s Day card with this pattern
- Crocheted Corner Bookmark — The bookworm in your life will love this accessory!
- Heartful Granny Square — Use this granny square as part of a larger project or as a pretty coaster
- I Heart U Mug Cozy — This cozy will keep your loved one’s cuppa piping hot
- Five Minute Hearts — These quick and easy hearts will make great decorations
Quick Shawls, Hats and More For Everyone in Your Family
- Fortune’s Crochet Shawlette — Create this shawlette for your best friend this Valentine’s Day
- Shell Stitch Crochet Cowl — Look stylish in no time with this pattern!
- Men’s Fast and Easy Cap — The guy in your life can stay warm with this hat
- Everyone’s Favorite Dinosaur Hat — The perfect choice for the little boy or girl in your life who loves all things dinosaurs!
- Crochet Pattern for Fingerless Gloves — Quick and easy to make, these gloves are perfect for anyone who texts
- Perfect Red Shawl — We think the name says it all
- Men’s Simple Crochet Hat — You can probably make this hat in an afternoon
- Dog Snood — Don’t forget about Fido on Valentine’s Day!
You can also choose your favorite crochet messy bun hat pattern to make for anyone you know, from your mom or sister to your best friends for a special Gal-entine’s Day treat!
What is your favorite craft to make for Valentine’s Day?
- Health Benefits of Yarn Crafts: #StitchAwayStress this April! - April 11, 2018
- 7 Best Crochet Blogs - March 7, 2018
- Crochet Pattern of the Day: Butterfly Wings Scarf - February 2, 2018