If you haven’t heard, Mixology is the fun new thing from Red Heart! Mixology is a new collection of three types of yarn that look totally different, but they all stitch up to the same gauge, so you can mix and match them in any project for a totally unique texture. From scarves to sweaters, any project can be enhanced by mixing and matching this colorful yarn. Whether you’re liking the Swirl, Solids, Prints, or all three types of yarn, you’ll love the endless possibilities that Mixology lends to your yarn crafting! To get you started, here’s a FREE full pattern from Red Heart: the Easy Retro Knit Throw! Cozy up with this colorful knit throw when the weather gets chilly. Plus, keep scrolling to find out how you can win a Mixology prize package of your very own!
Easy Retro Knit Throw Pattern
Designed by Julie Farmer for Red Heart
- RED HEART® Mixology Swirl™: 3 balls 9959 Retro A
- RED HEART® Mixology Prints™: 3 balls 959 Retro Print B
- RED HEART® Mixology Solids™: 2 balls each of 102 Ivory C, 631 Jade D, and 263 Coral E.
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 12.75mm [US 17] circular needle, 24” (60 cm) or longer
- Yarn needle
18 sts = 9” (23 cm); 8 rows = 3” (7.5 cm) in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needle to obtain the gauge
With A, cast on 80 sts. Work back and forth in rows on circular needle as if working with straight needles.
Knit 4 rows.
Change to D.
Row 1 (right side): Knit.
Row 2: K4, purl to last 4 sts, k4.
Row 3: K4, *[k2tog] 3 times, [yarn over, k1] 6 times, [k2tog] 3 times; repeat from * to last 4 sts, k4.
Row 4: Knit.
Change to A.
Repeat Rows 1–4 and continue to change color as in Stripe Sequence for all 140 rows of sequence.
With A, knit 4 rows.
Weave in ends.
A, B, C, D, and E = Color A, Color B, Color C, Color D, and Color E.; k = knit; k2tog = knit next 2 stitches together; st(s) = stitch(es);  = work directions in brackets the number of times specified; * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated.
Our friends at Red Heart have also provided this awesome prize package for us to give away to one of you! This fabulous prize package includes:
- RED HEART® Mixology Swirl™: 3 balls Retro
- RED HEART® Mixology Prints™: 3 balls Retro Print
- RED HEART® Mixology Solids™: 2 balls each of Ivory, Jade, and Coral
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 12.75mm [US 17] circular needleWhat would you create with Mixology?
This contest has ended! Thank you to all who entered!
You’ve won a Red Heart Mixology Prize Package! You’ll receive an email shortly.
Thank you to everyone for your participation! Be sure to look out for upcoming giveaways at Stitch & Unwind.
Latest posts by AllFreeCrochet (see all)
- Show Off Your Fandom With Crochet Patterns - September 19, 2020
- #PomPomParty: 4 NEW Pom Pom and Tassel Crafts - September 16, 2020
- NEW! 10 Free Crochet Cowl Patterns Perfect for Fall - September 9, 2020