There is an epic battle going on in the crochet animal kingdom.
For the last few years, owls have reigned as the most popular animal for crochet patterns. You’ve seen them on baby hats, pillows, afghans and more. They’re adorable, have a simple shape, and they simply don’t give a hoot. But a rising star is challenging the owl’s prominence in crochet patterns: the fox.
Foxes are sneaking their way to the top (in true fox style) with their bright eye-grabbing color and cute pointy faces. Just like the owl, they match fall decor awesomely. We’re seeing fox baby hats galore!
It’s time to decide: Are foxes going for the crown? Or is there room for two top crochet animals? Check out our favorite fox and owl patterns, and make your decision on which critter is best. Then, vote below! We’ll close the poll Tuesday, September 23.
Crochet Fox Patterns
- Sly Fox Crochet Hat
- Pretty Little Fox Baby Hat
- Fantastic Fox Pillow
- Cute Fox Coffee Cozy
- Foxy Yarn Basket
Crochet Owl Patterns
- Owl and Owl Princess Graphs – New!
- Owl Family
- Bright Baby Owl Hat
- Owl Obsessed Crochet Cozy
- Hooty Owl Crochet Baskets
Updated September 25: Sorry, the poll is closed! Stay tuned for the results. 🙂
What did you vote for, and why?
- Free Pattern Friday: Crochet Baby Booties & Hat from Red Heart - January 6, 2021
- Rest and Relaxation After Holiday Madness: Calming Crochet Patterns - January 5, 2021
- The Star Wars Crochet Patterns You’re Looking For - December 26, 2020