I’m Marie from Underground Crafter . Once the weather gets warmer, I love to use my crochet washcloths. They are great for exfoliating your skin after shaving or for washing sunscreen or sweat off your face after spending time outdoors. I’m sharing a pattern for a textured washcloth that works up quickly in super bulky yarn.
Circle of Bobbles Washcloth
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
Washcloth: 9.5” (24 cm) square.
- DMC Natura XL yarn (100% cotton, 3.5 oz/100 g/82 yd/75 m) – 1 skein in 43 Fuchsia, or approximately 82 yd (75 m) in any super bulky weight yarn.
- US Size K-10.5/6.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Through Rnd 5 in pattern = 3.75” (9.5 cm) diameter. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- bob – bobble – [Yo, insert hook in st, yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops] 3 times in same st, yo and draw through all 4 loops on hook.
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- ea – each
- FL – front loop only
- rep – repeat
- Rnd – Round
- sc – single crochet
- sk – skip
- sp – space
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- yo – yarn over
- * Repeat the instructions following the asterisk as indicated.
- () Instructions within parenthesis are worked into indicated stitch or space.
-  Repeat instructions between brackets as indicated.
- Entire washcloth is worked in the round. Pattern starts on wrong (back) side and is turned to right (front) side before Rnd 6.
- Ch 4, sk 3 ch, join with sl st to next ch to form ring.
- Rnd 1: (Wrong Side) Ch 1, 8 sc in ring, join with sl st to first sc. (8 sts)
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, (sc, bob) in ea st around, join with sl st to first sc. (16 sts)
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, [2 scFL in next st, scFL in next st] 8 times, join with sl st to first sc. (24 sts)
- Rnd 4: Ch 1, [(sc, bob) in next st, sc in next 2 sts] 8 times, join with sl st to first sc. (32 sts)
- Rnd 5: Ch 1, [2 scFL in next st, scFL in next 3 sts] 8 times, join with sl st to first sc. (40 sts)
- Rnd 6: Turn to Right Side, ch 5 (counts as sc + ch-4 sp), [sc in next 10 sts, ch 4] 3 times, sc in next 9 sts, join with sl st to first ch. (40 sts + 4 ch-4 sp)
- Rnd 7: Sl st in ch-4 sp, ch 3 (counts as dc, here and throughout), (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in ch-4 sp, [dc in next 10 sts, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in ch-4 sp] 3 times, dc in next 10 sts, join with sl st to top of first ch 3. (64 sts + 4 ch-2 sp)
- Rnd 8: Ch 3, dc in next 2 sts, [(2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch-2 sp, dc in next 16 sts] 3 times, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch-2 sp, dc in next 13 sts, join with sl st to top of first ch 3. (80 sts + 4 ch-2 sp)
- Rnd 9: Ch 3, dc in next 4 sts, [(dc, ch 2, dc) in ch-2 sp, dc in next 20 sts] 3 times, (dc, ch 2, dc) in next ch-2 sp, dc in next 15 sts, join with sl st to top of first ch 3. Fasten off. (88 sts)
- With yarn needle, weave in ends.
If you enjoyed this pattern, try the Scrub-a-dub-dub Washcloth !